Sorry if this sounds silly. (question)

Status
Not open for further replies.

august

Sep 3, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
CSB is the NHL scout while ISS is an independant scouting service that you have to pay if you want to have their monthly ranking.

Last edited:

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
CSB and Redline report are the two scouting services most NHL clubs use. ISS and Mckeen's are geared more towards the hockey fans entertainment.

Blue Bullet

Feb 27, 2002
Bon Accord, AB
Visit site
bigd said:
CSB and Redline report are the two scouting services most NHL clubs use. ISS and Mckeen's are geared more towards the hockey fans entertainment.

I really doubt NHL teams use these scouting services other than to look at them in passing interest(that's if they even bother to look at them at all). I remember Guy Flaming mentioning talking to a scout (I can't remember if it was in an article or in a post) and the scout saying that he doesn't look at these rankings because the team pays him for his rankings and opinions not for someone elses. It is probably the same way with 99% of the other scouts in the league.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Blue Bullet said:
I really doubt NHL teams use these scouting services other than to look at them in passing interest(that's if they even bother to look at them at all). I remember Guy Flaming mentioning talking to a scout (I can't remember if it was in an article or in a post) and the scout saying that he doesn't look at these rankings because the team pays him for his rankings and opinions not for someone elses. It is probably the same way with 99% of the other scouts in the league.
CSB is used by NHL clubs but, as with anything else, everyone has different opinions on talent. These rankings are used more as a "players to watch list". By the end of the season the rankings will have changed quite a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad