Rumor: Someone would offer Bo Horvat 9 mil?

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I'd be a bit surprised to see Horvat pull $9m from someone. I don't think he'll play up to that, and it would take quite a combination of a team really needing a center, having cap space, and being close enough to decent to make the signing worthwhile. Just a quick look and Columbus could maybe fit. This is if Horvat won't solely chase the money. I mean, there's always a chance someone like Arizona will say to hell with it and throw some big numbers at him just because they need guys.

I think something around $7m is more likely.

On the Kaspar front, I'd expect him to come in and play wing for a year or two. He might be the answer long term at 2C, but for now I think that answer is Copp, Ras, or someone we don't have yet.

Yeah, I think someone might bite 7.5 or so on him but I doubt horvat pulls 8+.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012

If you guys go and take a gander at the above thread in the main forums, looks like vancouver wants a trade for Horvat and will take best offer. Seems like it will need to be done soon. I guess they offered below 8 million and he rejected it.

It may not just be the money though. Vancouver has no direction to speak of and maybe he wants to be massively overpaid by them so he can get his bag and he'll deal with the direction later, or he just doesn't want to play there at all.

I wouldn't mind giving him 8x7 sign and trade to have a legit 1C and 2C (Larkin/Horvat) down the middle. Copp can go third line or wing. Rasmussen goes down to 4th, but we would need to run all 4 lines with every player getting at least 12 minutes a game to spread it out.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
I also just thought of another trade to do.

STL 2nd Rd pick (looks like it would be a high pick)
Czarnick
Neddy

Horvat

I've said it before, Horvat wants out so his trade value goes down and in the NHL, those are factors they use. Vancouver has no goalie or main goalie, so we can get rid of neddy even though I'm not entirely done with him yet, and Czarnick has been playing great in his call ups.

Would like a sign and trade and that would likely need another piece to add and I would probably do 2024 2nd or 3rd.

Neddy becomes that target because we just activated hellberg and stevie did that for a reason. We signed him for a week last year, essentially, and there was a reason for it. I think WISERman knew he needed an exit strategy with Neddy and when he got Husso, he realized Neddy is much more expendable, as long as Husso played well which he has.

So, what's wrong with my trade proposal lol

• Haha
Reactions: Shortstuff

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005

Czarnick
Neddy

Horvat

I've said it before, Horvat wants out so his trade value goes down and in the NHL, those are factors they use. Vancouver has no goalie or main goalie, so we can get rid of neddy even though I'm not entirely done with him yet, and Czarnick has been playing great in his call ups.

Would like a sign and trade and that would likely need another piece to add and I would probably do 2024 2nd or 3rd.

Neddy becomes that target because we just activated hellberg and stevie did that for a reason. We signed him for a week last year, essentially, and there was a reason for it. I think WISERman knew he needed an exit strategy with Neddy and when he got Husso, he realized Neddy is much more expendable, as long as Husso played well which he has.

Vancouver can get more than a 2nd rounder for Horvat.

ThankGord

Jul 11, 2018
GR, MI

Czarnick
Neddy

Horvat

I think VAN is looking for more than a 2nd, AHL-tweener, and a struggling backup goalie. Horvat has 20 goals in 28 games (unsustainable contract-year numbers tho).

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California

Czarnick
Neddy

Horvat

lmao wtf is this?

Sparty

Oct 2, 2015
What's wrong is that 30 other teams would offer more and Vancouver would block us from ever calling again.

I think if Vancouver wants to deal him, they're gonna be disappointed with the return, but whatever it is it'll still be a lot more than this.

Reactions: evolutionbaby

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA

Czarnick
Neddy

Horvat

Yeah, just like Tkachuk was gonna be traded for peanuts because he wasn't gonna sign with the Flames. Players that want to be traded have no trade value, :sarcasm:

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
Yeah, just like Tkachuk was gonna be traded for peanuts because he wasn't gonna sign with the Flames. Players that want to be traded have no trade value, :sarcasm:
Lol poor example. Florida GM was terrible at his job that day. Treliving deserves gm of the year based on that trade alone, regardless of how the team does.

And I'm pretty sure Tkachuk is far greater than Horvat is or ever will be. Think we can agree on that one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Lol poor example. Florida GM was terrible at his job that day. Treliving deserves gm of the year based on that trade alone, regardless of how the team does.

And I'm pretty sure Tkachuk is far greater than Horvat is or ever will be. Think we can agree on that one.
It happens every time. How about Eichel? Good players don't get traded for peanuts.

Sure Tkachuk is a better player, but second line centers don't come up on the market too often. Giroux was traded for Tippett and a first as a playoff rental.

If Vancouver does trade Bo, he's going for more than a 2nd rd pick, an AHLer, and a salary dump. I mentioned Tkachuk because this same exact conversation occurred over the summer, and I got the last laugh, lol. Besides, if all they wanted was a second rounder, the trade would have already happened.

Detroit Knights

Feb 29, 2012
It happens every time. How about Eichel? Good players don't get traded for peanuts.

Sure Tkachuk is a better player, but second line centers don't come up on the market too often. Giroux was traded for Tippett and a first as a playoff rental.

If Vancouver does trade Bo, he's going for more than a 2nd rd pick, an AHLer, and a salary dump. I mentioned Tkachuk because this same exact conversation occurred over the summer, and I got the last laugh, lol. Besides, if all they wanted was a second rounder, the trade would have already happened.
I see your point.

The part I bolded still doesn't count because it is the same GM that traded weager and huberdeau and a first for a player that intended on leaving. He overpaid to secure the bag when the bag was sitting on the ground already to be taken.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I see your point.

The part I bolded still doesn't count because it is the same GM that traded weager and huberdeau and a first for a player that intended on leaving. He overpaid to secure the bag when the bag was sitting on the ground already to be taken.
He's not the only one.... remember Stevie got Vrana and a 1st for Lazy Mantha. There's always a GM that's willing to pay more than we think is reasonable. Just wait and see.

stillwater

cellar door
Mar 17, 2011

I don't think there's another person on the f***ing planet who thinks Treliving won that trade at this point.

Tkachuk is Florida's best player, and arguably the best pure power forward in the NHL and Huberdeau has been a fairly massive disappointment for Calgary thus far. 37 pts to 17 pts. Weegar hasn't been much better.

Reactions: Holden Caufield

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
I still say Bert for Horvat 1 for 1
I'd certainly do it. As would Yzerman, I'm sure. There is just zero reason for Vancouver to do so. Unless we bring in a 3rd party that has assets and wants Bert and we just flip those assets for Horvat. Some pick swaps (draft positions would likely have to be involved). But if I'm a team that is willing to look at Bertuzzi, why not just get the healthy guy in Horvat instead?

Reactions: SoupNazi

Electric Eric

#91 To the Rafters!
Feb 10, 2014
Portland -> Netherlands
1st 2023
Zadina
Ras
One of our D prospects not named Ed

For
Horvat
Boeser

Really is 2 trades of 1st, Ras, D prospect for Horvat and swapping Z for Boeser. Give each guy a restart in a new org.

norrisnick

The best...
Apr 14, 2005
And if he doesn’t turn out, you’re fine with going Larkin/Copp? Because I’m sure as hell not.
We'll see what's out there then. By the time we know what Kasper is Matthews, Drai are on the market.

Any push this year will be with Larkin/Copp unless Marco's season ends super early which it might the way Rogle is playing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad