OT: Some Summer Hockey to fill the void

7:11 of OT

Not my trophies
Oct 26, 2002
Eastern Suffolk, NY
Visit site
Since it is the down time for the NHL, I thought I would provide some updates from the 2014 Chowder Cup Showcase in the Boston Area. 60 teams, about 1200 players representing leagues from the OHL, QMJHL, USHL, NAHL, EHL, MJHL and some ACHA and NCAA players.

While there is a big swing in talent and level of play, it is notable that some teams have come with pretty stacked rosters - Sonny Milano, Dan LaFontaine, Brandon Fortunato (and other NTDP players) are all on one roster! Other rosters are completely made up of Q or OHL teams.

Should be some interesting and fun hockey, so I figured I would share a few updates. If anyone else from the board is in the area, let me know and maybe we can meet at one of the 3 rinks hosting the showcase.

scott99

May 13, 2005
7:11, interested in your take on Dan Lafontaine, I noticed he was never drafted or went the major junior ranks.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
You can't eat chowder out of this trophy though.

jr__chowder_cup_champions_2013.jpg

Not my trophies
Oct 26, 2002
Eastern Suffolk, NY
Visit site
7:11, interested in your take on Dan Lafontaine, I noticed he was never drafted or went the major junior ranks.

He is an interesting player. Skilled skater, a little undersized (sound familiar?) and is committed to Canisius. What has held him back IMO is his compete level. No where close to his father. It will be interesting to see how played against the older ncaa players, but that push him out altogether if he doesn't elevate the compete level.

Not my trophies
Oct 26, 2002
Eastern Suffolk, NY
Visit site
After one period (they play two 25 minute periods) Milano's team is up 7-1 (Sonny with 1 goal 2 assists). This team also has Adam Fox (Syosset - commit to Harvard), Jeremy Bracco and others. Very deep team making the other team look silly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad