Social Media Septic Tank Thread

Magua

Entirely Palatable Product
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I bet you could do it safely. I’m just saying.

Jeff Gillooly and John Tortorella do have a slight resemblance.

TORTS: I think we should break Frost’s kneecap. I know a guy.

BRIERE: To circumvent the cap?

TORTS: Circu-hoo the what?

BRIERE: The cap. So we have more money to spend at the deadline on a 10 goal grinder.

TORTS: Sure, that works too.

TB87

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn
May 30, 2018
It's been said a bunch, but it's a form of cheating.

Every team that has the option to exploit this loophole…does. So many teams do it. It’s a “we’re a great team” problem. I’d like to have that problem again, being a great team that is, at some point in the future. I wouldn’t give a shit if the Flyers did this at some point in the future.

They are very clearly circumventing the cap through LTIR. I am positive that you are smart enough to understand and don't need an explanation from us lol

The thing I don’t get about it is the insane vitriol sent at the teams who exploit this, seemingly legal, loophole. I wouldn’t care if the Flyers did it. They’d have to be a good team to do it though so thats a problem for us in 2050.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018
Every team that has the option to exploit this loophole…does. So many teams do it. It’s a “we’re a great team” problem. I’d like to have that problem again, being a great team that is, at some point in the future. I wouldn’t give a shit if the Flyers did this at some point in the future.

The thing I don’t get about it is the insane vitriol sent at the teams who exploit this, seemingly legal, loophole. I wouldn’t care if the Flyers did it. They’d have to be a good team to do it though so thats a problem for us in 2050.
Of course it’s not illegal, but neither is the fact that Elon Musk doesn’t pay taxes. It’s an exploitable loophole that while isn’t illegal still feels like it should be.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey
Being ready for the first game of the playoffs is a slap in the face.

Close that loophole and don’t allow them to play the first two games or something of the first round and I’ll be fine with it.

Or just have teams admit openly what they’re doing and I’ll be happy with that also.

Just don’t piss on my head and tell me it’s raining.

VladDrag

Feb 6, 2018

FWIW...

TK's sG from seasons 19 - 26
1714090021425.png

Marchand's sG from 21 to 35
1714090044912.png

TK and Marchand were somewhat comparable from 21-27. But it should be noted that Marchand started in the NHL at 21. There's usually a learning curve to the NHL.

Also, Marchand took a large step at 27 from being sub elite to the elite category and stayed there until he was 33...He's still play really good hockey.

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
FWIW...

TK's sG from seasons 19 - 26
View attachment 859651

Marchand's sG from 21 to 35
View attachment 859653

TK and Marchand were somewhat comparable from 21-27. But it should be noted that Marchand started in the NHL at 21. There's usually a learning curve to the NHL.

Also, Marchand took a large step at 27 from being sub elite to the elite category and stayed there until he was 33...He's still play really good hockey.

Yeah I think Konecny can be fine as he ages (will that be worth the likely caphit/contract by then?) but I wouldn’t expect him to suddenly morph into a future HoFer. Marchand’s curve is probably more the outlier than the rule.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They are very clearly circumventing the cap through LTIR. I am positive that you are smart enough to understand and don't need an explanation from us lol

Right. They would not have been able to add Hertl or Hanifin had Stone not been stashed on LTIR. Then for the 3rd year in a row, Stone is magically healed for Game 1 of the Playoffs when the Cap goes away.
They didn’t make the playoffs in 2022

Have we already forgotten that fans of rival teams screamed cap circumvention at the Flyers because of Pronger being on LTIR?

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Rebels57

Former Flyers fan
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2014
They didn’t make the playoffs in 2022

Have we already forgotten that fans of rival teams screamed cap circumvention at the Flyers because of Pronger being on LTIR?

Sorry, 2nd year in a row lol

Wasnt Pronger on LTIR due to a career ending injury?

Ad

Upcoming events

• Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Sydney Swans @ Hawthorn Hawks
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $5,220.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $25.00