Other Sports: Soccer/Football Thread Part Six

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
Odegaard is the best player I've seen in an Arsenal shirt since peak Fabregas. Truly special player.
Got to be short list for player of year, and wouldn’t be surprised if he won. What a complete player. He absolutely controls the game

Reactions: TCTC

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Wrexham is visiting Vancouver this summer. I gave up my season's tickets a couple of years ago, but my old seats, which were off the six yard box, are going for $175 per ticket for this exhibition match. Regular season seats were ~$30 per match the last year I had my tickets. :laugh:

Yowza.

Reactions: Striiker

BritainStix

F**k Cutter Gauthier
Oct 20, 2016
Holy f*** :laugh:

By the way, anyone who doesn't understand the state of officiating in the Premier League and mistakenly thinks the statement from Forest was "petty," let me give you another example of something that is going on.

The owner of Manchester City, Sheikh Mansour, serves as the Vice President of the UAE. Premier League referees (including the four below) have been 'freelancing' in the UAE, raising questions about a potential conflict of interest.

🔎 Michael Oliver
🔎 Darren England
🔎 Dan Cook
🔎 Stuart Burt

Arsenal - Manchester City
Referee: Michael Oliver

Incident 1:
Kovačić started off with a rash tackle on Ødegaard, resulting in a yellow card. VAR intervened to review the tackle for a potential red card, but Kovačić narrowly escaped with just a caution.

Incident 2: Five minutes later, Kovačić committed another late tackle from behind, this time on Declan Rice. Despite calls from Arsenal players for a second booking, referee Michael Oliver chose to ignore the appeals.

Tottenham - Liverpool
VAR: Darren England
AVAR: Dan Cook

The two VAR referees responsible for Luis Díaz's wrongfully disallowed goal, Darren England and Dan Cook, had been in the UAE less than 24 hours prior to the match. Despite Díaz being in an onside position, he was deemed offside by the linesman, the on-field referee, and the VAR officials. Goal disallowed.

Additionally, they received two questionable red cards during the match. Liverpool ultimately lost the game in overtime.

Manchester City - Fulham
Assistant referees: Stuart Burt and Dan Cook

When Nathan Ake scored a goal against Fulham, most viewers anticipated it would be ruled out for offside. Akanji was seen jumping away from the ball while being in an offside position, seemingly interfering with play. Despite a thorough VAR check, the referee's decision to award the goal stood.

PGMOL Chief Howard Webb later said that the goal had been incorrectly awarded, with Akanji deemed to have obstructed Fulham goalkeeper Bernd Leno's vision from an offside position.

Liverpool - Manchester City

In overtime of a potential title-deciding match, Mac Allister leaned into the path of the ball as Doku attempted to kick it away. The ball made contact with Mac Allister's body before Doku's studs hit him in the chest. Despite the incident, referee Michael Oliver allowed play to continue.

Following a brief VAR review, no penalty was awarded.

Manchester United - Manchester City
VAR: Michael Oliver
AVAR: Stuart Burt

Manchester City were awarded a penalty after Rasmus Højlund was penalized for holding Rodri in the box during a free-kick, a rare decision in such situations.

Initially, referee Paul Tierney waved play on, but VAR referee Michael Oliver intervened, instructing Tierney to stop the game for a review. Following the review, a penalty was awarded to Manchester City.

Manchester City - Chelsea, FA Cup SF
Assistant referee: Stuart Burt
Assistant referee: Dan Cook
Fourth official: Darren England

Cole Palmer takes a free kick. The ball deflects off Grealish's hand and goes out for a corner. It's a clear penalty, but the referee disagrees.

One of the worst incidents yet, as all four referees who had previously freelanced in the UAE were involved. Chelsea was never going to win this game, no matter how well they played.

https://twitter.com/francoisplateau
Reffing in the Premier league has hit new levels of corruption this year. At least they were hiding it last year, but this year its free reign to openly make incorrect calls.

It's been absolutely wild. As a United fan, it's next level(oh woe united fans bla bla bla).

You literally have an owner of a club paying multiple referees. No ones going to do shit, just like City's 115 charges will just slowly dissappear because the government wants Saudi investments.

The whole thing is disgusting.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
Leverkusen did it again. :laugh:
229.gif

TCTC

Mar 25, 2013
Reffing in the Premier league has hit new levels of corruption this year. At least they were hiding it last year, but this year its free reign to openly make incorrect calls.

It's been absolutely wild. As a United fan, it's next level(oh woe united fans bla bla bla).

You literally have an owner of a club paying multiple referees. No ones going to do shit, just like City's 115 charges will just slowly dissappear because the government wants Saudi investments.

The whole thing is disgusting.
I share the frustration about City and the treatment they seem to be getting... but Fergie had the refs in his pocket for decades... So United will get no sympathy from me now that they're at the receiving end of bad decisions.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00