Post-Game Talk: Oilers put Hollywood in production hell

bellagiobob

Jul 27, 2006
LA board is chirping us because we sent out McDavid and Drai. I think that was a lesson from Knob to tell them to cool off with the cheap shots
Wasn’t it only 4-1 at that point? You absolutely send out your top unit, blown 3+ goal leads that we’ve had in the past still give me nightmares. This wasn’t like the Canucks being up 6-1 with a minute left still icing their top unit.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Get yourself looked at.. shocks at this age ain't healthy.
giphy.gif

Reactions: McDoused

Tobias Kahun

Oct 3, 2017
Wasn’t it only 4-1 at that point? You absolutely send out your top unit, blown 3+ goal leads that we’ve had in the past still give me nightmares. This wasn’t like the Canucks being up 6-1 with a minute left still icing their top unit.
They scored the 5-1 and 6-1 goals

If they’re running around like that, they deserve it.

Perry lead forwards in 5v4 time btw

Reactions: McDoused

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Agreed. But Hyman set the table for the show. His contribution cannot be overlooked and he's been the best Oiler in the series and every single game. Hyman would just not be denied on that opening goal. he insisted that was going in. Brilliant play by Ekholm.

Understand as well the psychology in the sequence of Ekholm owning Doughty on that play. In Chess thats a move that results in you toppling your Queen. The move is just that good. Ekholm steps in on the pass owning the play and sends it to Hyman who just insists on getting a goal. Absolute domination on goal. Shark bloodsport. That goal unmasked the whole game to follow. The Kings and Doughty were never composed after that.

Kane was huge last night in a pivotal game. But Hyman was the one to get the whole ball rolling.

You can see with the McD goal later that Hyman sent message to him too. Just make the puck go in. Keep banging till it does.

Hyman is leading the way.
Here's how I look at it. That's just Hyman being Hyman, he brings pretty much the same thing every night always making an impact in some way, Hyman is their engine just about every night. We know what we're getting from him which is the ultimate compliment btw.
You know how I feel about Hyman, We had exchanges in the Hyman signing thread with me saying that this is what we'd get from him although I, and not even Hyman himself I'm sure, expected him to be a 50+ goal guy. I remember you liked Hyman too but were more reserved in what we should expect from him, if I'm not mistaken.

Kane is the ultimate X Factor, when he's on he brings a dynamic that nobody else brings and it takes the team to another level, last night and honestly more times than not down the stretch he's been bringing it but he's not always bringing that energy so when he does it's noteworthy.

TheGingaNinja

Edmonton Ex-Pat who still loves his hometown team.
Sep 26, 2019
I’m sure Louie is a great guy and I don’t want to hurt his feelings either but as an Oilers fan watching an Oilers game it would be nice to have a colour commentator who didn’t appear to be flattering to the opponent the point of appearing satirical by times.
His real issue is he is so afraid to be seen as biased for the Oilers, that the pendulum too often swings the other way, so he comes off too praise worthy of the other team.

Now why he is so obsessed by this notion is the real question imo.

Reactions: Bring Back Bucky

Dieseloil

Jul 31, 2016
Here's how I look at it. That's just Hyman being Hyman, he brings pretty much the same thing every night always making an impact in some way, Hyman is their engine just about every night. We know what we're getting from him which is the ultimate compliment btw.
You know how I feel about Hyman, We had exchanges in the Hyman signing thread with me saying that this is what we'd get from him although I, and not even Hyman himself I'm sure, expected him to be a 50+ goal guy. I remember you liked Hyman too but were more reserved in what we should expect from him, if I'm not mistaken.

Kane is the ultimate X Factor, when he's on he brings a dynamic that nobody else brings and it takes the team to another level, last night and honestly more times than not down the stretch he's been bringing it but he's not always bringing that energy so when he does it's noteworthy.
It’s early but Hyman has a chance to become an all time great single post season goal scorer. He finds a way.

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting

Keeping in mind if everybody this season had just played like Kane and brought it when he felt like it we wouldn't be even talking about playoff hockey right now. Hyman had an MVP season and playoffs. I get what you're saying but I'll be reserved in praise of Kanes game, which was great, due to how infrequently he unpacks this game. Maybe just playing possum but I'll wait and see what he does tomorrow. Its been Kanes tendency not to be consistent with effort this season. That was his most complete game of the year.

Reactions: Dieseloil

tiger_80

Apr 11, 2007
Leafs lose pathetically. Dallas is going Derek Ryan on the Vegas Golden Cheetahs.

Hurt the Hertle, stone the Stone.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad