Status
Not open for further replies.

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Hope you had fun, @Appleyard.

Haaland is the greatest athlete of all time. :laugh:

yeh... Dads birthday is tomorrow so we went for a burger and some beers before... he was very happy about his birthday present.

We hardly go together to games anymore, last one was maybe 3 years ago vs Wolves, so was a bit extra special to see it with him on eve of his birthday... when he has been banging on about Håland for like 4 years and hoping he became a City player!

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Since the start of 2019-20 (age 19-22) for Håland:

Austrian League: 16 goals (14gp)
Bundesliga: 62 goals (67gp)
Premier League: 9 goals (5gp)

Austrian Cup: 4 goals (2gp)
German Cups: 9 goals (9gp)
English Cups: 0 goals (1gp)

Champions League: 23 goals (19gp)

National Team: 20 goals (21gp)

Total: 143 goals (138gp)

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Haaland. I am starting to think there are no limits

Saw this today... at basically same age in terms of "top tier" football:

Haaland: 193gp, 164 goals
Messi+Ronaldo combined: 466gp, 164 goals

Ofc, Messi and Ronaldo never played in the Norwegian or Austrian top tiers... but even take them out and his ratio increases and still at like 115 goals in 116 games in Germany, England and for NT, which is 20 more than Messi at same age.

Hollywood Cannon

I'm Away From My Desk
Jul 17, 2007
South Jersey

Ofc, Messi and Ronaldo never played in the Norwegian or Austrian top tiers... but even take them out and his ratio increases and still at like 115 goals in 116 games in Germany, England and for NT, which is 20 more than Messi at same age.
Ronaldo had 81 goals in Serie A and as we all know that's what really matters.

Reactions: Appleyard

kudymen

Hakstok was a fascist clique hiver lickballs.gif
Jun 18, 2011
Atlanta (Decatur)
...Norwegian or Austrian top tiers... but even take them out and his ratio increases and still at like 115 goals in 116 games in Germany, England and for NT

This is the insane part, him being even better at bigger stages. I have never been much of a Man City fan but this guy is hard not to cheer for. Just wow

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019

I think the positional play factors in as well. Ronaldo was a midfielder in a 4-4-2 during these years at United and Messi had strikers in front of him as well.

That said, it is amazing to watch Haaland. He is the greatest goal scorer to come along in a long, long time

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
I think the positional play factors in as well. Ronaldo was a midfielder in a 4-4-2 during these years at United and Messi had strikers in front of him as well.

That said, it is amazing to watch Haaland. He is the greatest goal scorer to come along in a long, long time

Yeh... Ronaldo was basically a LW/LM in a 4-4-2 and 4-3-3 with Sporting and United and until 08-09 Messi was a pure CAM really.

But yeh... no one in 40+ years has scored like Håland has at his age.

Reactions: PDX Flyer

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
Haaland is more fun to watch in England than in Germany, probably because he actually has a stronger side supporting him in Manchester than he did in Dortmund.

How he makes something out of a relatively quiet game is maybe unmatched in world football.

Edit: high quality equalizer from Villa. :amazed: Out of nowhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: BigToe and ellja3
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad