OT: Soccer/Football Thread Part 5

Status
Not open for further replies.

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City
You would be correct... intend to at some point but tbh over the last year I have pretty much exclusively watched:

Films (albeit like 250+ in last year.)
Sport
Grand Designs
Michael Palin's Travel Documentaries

ahahahaha.

I hate the commitment of watching series. I have to block out time to binge them.
Without spoiling the plot, the series starts with Jamie Tartt, a Manchester kid who plays for City, on loan with Ted Lasso's AFC Richmond where he is the star player but is an arrogant prima donna. ;)

Reactions: Appleyard

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com
Without spoiling the plot, the series starts with Jamie Tartt, a Manchester kid who plays for City, on loan with Ted Lasso's AFC Richmond where he is the star player but is an arrogant prima donna. ;)

Should just give him a new Adidas tracksuit with some Sam Smith's and a bucket hat, a pint of Boddingtons and a spliff and stuck on some Stone Roses. Pretty much what each and every Manc wants in life to be happy...

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

gertbfrobe16

Feb 3, 2018
Should just give him a new Adidas tracksuit with some Sam Smith's and a bucket hat, a pint of Boddingtons and a spliff and stuck on some Stone Roses. Pretty much what each and every Manc wants in life to be happy...
Ever see the movie Euro trip?

Reactions: kudymen

Appleyard

Mar 5, 2010
Copenhagen
twitter.com

Denmark playing such beautiful football... saw it at times in Euros too ofc.

Now 6 games into next Euros Quali and sat at 21 goals for and 0 against... with 20 mins left today. Now, not the strongest group! But still.

If only they had a quality striker. The goalie, defence, midfield and wingers are great and deep too.

Reactions: CanadianFlyer88

CanadianFlyer88

Knublin' PPs
Feb 12, 2004
Van City

Denmark playing such beautiful football... saw it at times in Euros too ofc.

Now 6 games into next Euros Quali and sat at 21 goals for and 0 against... with 20 mins left today. Now, not the strongest group! But still.

If only they had a quality striker. The goalie, defence, midfield and wingers are great and deep too.

Scotland playing for a playoff spot at this point. Took 3 huge points at Austria today after being held to a draw at home.

Their biggest match is at home vs Israel next.

Unfortunately they close out qualifying against Denmark, so hopefully they won't need any points to secure 2nd by then....

Reactions: Appleyard

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
this-is-fine.0.jpg

PDX Flyer

Lost in the Woods
Nov 13, 2019
I walked past Petr when we were playing rugby on the field opposite his sons football team. He is a huge human being.
I remember first seeing him at 2004 Euros and the announcer saying he was on his way to Chelsea. I was like, f***

I think Drogba came in that window also. Changed the balance of power in England

Fire Tortorella

Formerly Flyersfan1406
Apr 2, 2010
PA
Game was too late for me. How did the US team look last night? Or did they just face a bad side.

1st half, down 1-0 to Honduras - really, really, really, really bad. Didn't have a shot on target and I think had 3 total shots. Came out in a 5-3-2 that just didn't work.

2nd half, you know the final score. Shifted to a 4-3-3, made some subs, and scored about 30 seconds in. Once we got the 2nd, the flood gates just opened.

Jack Straw

Moving much too slow.
Sponsor
Jul 19, 2010
New York
All I can say is that it's a good thing I had to wake up early this morning to have furniture delivered because if I had just gotten up to watch that embarrassing performance I'd be pissed. I mean, I'm pissed anyway but at least this way I had no choice.

Reactions: BigToe
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad