Speculation: So who won the TDL?

conFABulator

Apr 11, 2021
Buyers

Islanders - they added a few key pieces and paid the price to do it. They are in their window now and this is what teams do when they have a shot.

Leafs - same comment as above, you have to pay to play...you just have to know when it is time to play...their window is open now too and they added Foligno, Rittich, Hutton, Nash...even Galchenyuk if you want to go back a few weeks...all of this while not giving up a roster player or a prospect. It's hard not to like that day.

Sellers

Columbus - Two firsts for two rentals. Nice work

Detroit - they got great value for Mantha

Calgary - they did Ok on Rittich and very well on Bennett...neither is on the team next year so good haul.

Maybe Boston is a winner. They didn't give up too much for Hall and Lazar, but they still have holes and areas of weakness they did not address. Hall could be a steal, or this could be the next stop on a confusing and downward spiraling career.

Washington got better this year...maybe

Florida overpaid for Bennett

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga
Islanders - they added a few key pieces and paid the price to do it. They are in their window now and this is what teams do when they have a shot.

Leafs - same comment as above, you have to pay to play...you just have to know when it is time to play...their window is open now too and they added Foligno, Rittich, Hutton, Nash...even Galchenyuk if you want to go back a few weeks...all of this while not giving up a roster player or a prospect. It's hard not to like that day.

Calgary - they did Ok on Rittich and very well on Bennett...neither is on the team next year so good haul.

Maybe Boston is a winner. They didn't give up too much for Hall and Lazar, but they still have holes and areas of weakness they did not address. Hall could be a steal, or this could be the next stop on a confusing and downward spiraling career.

I'm only gonna comment on Toronto here. I will say that they are 100% better set to make a run in the playoffs however the prices they paid in total are probably too steep for the value of players they got back which would not make them one of the top winners. However, I do agree they are still winners because they kept their top 4 prospects and their entire NHL roster intact while filling in the holes on the roster.

2022 Stanley Cup

Aug 15, 2015
Mississauga

I'm only gonna comment on Toronto here. I will say that they are 100% better set to make a run in the playoffs however the prices they paid in total are probably too steep for the value of players they got back which would not make them one of the top winners. However, I do agree they are still winners because they kept their top 4 prospects and their entire NHL roster intact while filling in the major holes on the roster.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad