Speculation: So...Who is Lou Lamoriello trading the Isles 1st for this year...?

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
can’t stop thinking about Nick Schmaltz going there.
It does not work unless NYI also get rid of JGP. NYI don't have the assets.
No.

A lot of NYI fans seem to be talking about Duclair, but whether that's simply because of the Roy connection or something real, idk. I suppose if there's anything to it, it'll either be done before faceoff tonight, or he'll be scratched. (NYI are at SJ tonight). I don't know what it'll take, but I imagine it will be "best offer" whatever that is.

Other possibilities include Bjugstad, Kerfoot, or Eller. Maybe NYI could run out a Minnesota boys line of Lee-Nelson-Bjugstad. Not really. Still Bjugstad would be my target to make NYI's 4th line viable again. (Cizikas has been playing 'up' on a third line, and he's better when not playing with plugs.) The contract for next year is okay.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
We can correct one of these 2013 drafting errors over the next 48 hours. Then the other in free agency.
1709821293720.png

Last edited:

Reality Czech

Apr 17, 2017
Surprised there hasn't been more Buchnevich talk in this thread. Feels like the type of guy Lou would overpay for.

Reactions: Kurtz

Green

Nov 13, 2019
As for the people saying The Islanders should rebuild. Here is all the picks the Islanders traded away between 2020-2023 in the first and second round

Ridly Greig (C)
Roni Hirvonen (C)
Chase Stillman (RW)
Sean Behrens (D)
Frank Nazar (C)
Mattias Havelid (D)
Axel Sandin Pellikka (D)

Now I am no expert on prospects but I don't believe this is a group of players that would be the core of my future Stanley cup team. And this is not ment to belittle any of them, I would guess one or 2 of these guys will go on to have decent to solid NHL careers(I know Nazar has a lot of upside for instance)
Huh? Probably none of those players would have been drafted by the Islanders, in all likely the Islanders would have had a worse team which meant a higher draft pick

therocket9

Sep 15, 2021
Not a first but Lou could give a second for Duclair played for Roy in Quebec and has 5 goals last 5 games and last year of contract.

MattMartin

Killer Instinct™
Feb 10, 2007
Long Island
  • 2020 - JG Pageau
  • 2021 - Kyle Palmieri
  • 2022 - Alex Romanov
  • 2023 - Bo Horvat
  • 2024 - ???

Odds are it will probably be for a pending UFA (who's only worth a 2nd) and then Lou will give him a 7 year 45 million deal shortly after.

Who's your money on...?
Ok, name what you feel are the failed trades on this list. Horvat?? Romanov? I know JGP is the new whipping boy so that must make you warm and fuzzy inside. I guess Palmieri is the fail, I would dare say I'm very happy with the return of these players VS shiny picks. Logic once again defies you.

Reactions: PWJunior

ZachaFlockaFlame

Aug 24, 2020
Jesper Bratt - welcome to Long Island!

Shero pick

Ok, name what you feel are the failed trades on this list. Horvat?? Romanov? I know JGP is the new whipping boy so that must make you warm and fuzzy inside. I guess Palmieri is the fail, I would dare say I'm very happy with the return of these players VS shiny picks. Logic once again defies you.

Meh, if the Devils had taken Stankoven with the Palmieri pick then yeah but we took absurd bust with that pick in Chase Stillman. Palms is a streaky scorer but he was probably worth it for the package they legit gave up back in 2021.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad