So where do we finish in the Central ?

Where will the Jets finish in the Central this year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
There's a sentiment on the main boards that the Central will be very difficult to predict aside from Colorado.
I know it's still a tad premature...
However mine.
1. Minnesota
2. St.Louis
3. Winnipeg
4. Chicago
5. Nashville
6. Dallas
7. Colorado
1-6 is indeed a crap shoot
We are pegged #6 on the main boards.
I just don't see that happening.
GJG

scarbrow21

Feb 15, 2017
Winnipeg
1) Nashville - Had a rough start to the season last year. Don't expect the same this year
2) Winnipeg - Injuries, holdouts, "youth", and inconsistency. Don't expect all those to effect the team again this year and combined with solidifying depth in goal and on D, as well as growth from our youth I expect the Jets taking that step this year
3) Dallas - The team with the most to prove. They still lack on D but much like 2 years ago I think they'll get by on offence again only to be bounced first round in the playoffs.
4) Minnesota - Regression and age catching up, combined with the expansion draft and trades that occurred I can't see Minni having as good a year as last year however lucky for them I expect even greater regression from the teams below.
5) St Louis - I expect St Louis to suffer from the lack of Hitchcock combined with an aging core. Tarasenko can't carry this team.
6) Chicago - I predicted a major regression last year due to CAP crunch and an aging core. It didn't really happen but the playoffs proved it was coming. Add now to the fact they've lost a lot, while gaining little and the fall from grace will be real this year...if not then next for sure.
7) Colorado - Self explanatory really. It's a team that doesn't know which way is up and which way down. Lacks in every major category except a #1C and the Duchene situation seems like it's going to fester making things worse. Expect COL at the bottom of the league again this year.

for what it's worth. I think Dallas and WPG are interchangeable in positioning but I gave WPG the edge as my head and my heart both urged me to do so!

Reactions: Jets2point0

mcpw

WPG
Jan 13, 2015
hot take, will probably change a few times until season starts:

1 Minnesota, low-key cup favorite
2 Dallas, added impact players and Bishop might save more than .892, great offense
3-4 St. Louis, quietly doing their thing
3-4 Winnipeg, having a goalie and pressure on PauMau should do that alone
5-6 Nashville, often rated too highly due to their SCF run in front of .930 Rinne. I haven't forgotten they had 94 points last season, that Rinne should fall off a cliff at any point now if he hasn't already, and that they will try Nick Bonino as their 2C.
5-6 Chicago, sure, they won the division last season, but I don't think you can replace 74-point Panarin, .924 Darling, Hjalmarsson and Old Man Hossa with basically Saad and Connor Murphy and act like that's the same team.
7 Colorado, they will be better, they will be younger, but I don't think Colin Wilson, Andrei Mironov, and Tyson Jost will lead them back into the playoffs this season.

Eyeseeing

Fagheddaboudit
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2015
hot take, will probably change a few times until season starts:

1 Minnesota, low-key cup favorite
2 Dallas, added impact players and Bishop might save more than .892, great offense
3-4 St. Louis, quietly doing their thing
3-4 Winnipeg, having a goalie and pressure on PauMau should do that alone
5-6 Nashville, often rated too highly due to their SCF run in front of .930 Rinne. I haven't forgotten they had 94 points last season, that Rinne should fall off a cliff at any point now if he hasn't already, and that they will try Nick Bonino as their 2C.
5-6 Chicago, sure, they won the division last season, but I don't think you can replace 74-point Panarin, .924 Darling, Hjalmarsson and Old Man Hossa with basically Saad and Connor Murphy and act like that's the same team.
7 Colorado, they will be better, they will be younger, but I don't think Colin Wilson, Andrei Mironov, and Tyson Jost will lead them back into the playoffs this season.

I feel the same way about Minnesota as you do... they could be very good this year , the regular season is a no doubter. Dallas for whatever reason I feel is vastly overrated.
Will Hitchcock be the right guy for that group of forwards ?
Is their D capable enough ?
Bishop should be a huge upgrade much like Mason should be for us.
But goalies are voodoo or doodoo

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
There's a sentiment on the main boards that the Central will be very difficult to predict aside from Colorado.
I know it's still a tad premature...
However mine.
1. Minnesota
2. St.Louis
3. Winnipeg
4. Chicago
5. Nashville
6. Dallas
7. Colorado
1-6 is indeed a crap shoot
We are pegged #6 on the main boards.
I just don't see that happening.
GJG

It doesn't make sense for this team to float around the season and not progress

The reason they have Winnipeg so low is because Winnipeg has never really proven themselves
They always have some kind of excuse
And coaching might be one more excuse next season

But the players are as good as the fans say they are
Some players get a little hype, But that's normal

Saintb

May 5, 2016
Saintb
I think the Jets take the division this year. I mean, I think that every year, but this year I really think it!

Neuf

Leaving HFBoards for now
Dec 17, 2016
I'd say we will finish 2 or 3. Nashville, Dallas will round out the rest.

YWGinYYZ

Jul 3, 2011
Toronto
Added a poll.

Voted 2nd, but could see them finishing anywhere from 1st to 5th - I think things will be close in the Central this year, with some teams losing a bit of strength (Blues, Hawks), some holding steady (Wild), and some gaining strength (Jets, Dallas).

Maukkis

EZ4ENCE
Mar 16, 2016
We could get beaten by anyone but Colorado. I reckon we'll end up somewhere in the middle of the pack.

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
I also believe third but a good argument can be made for every position between 1 and 6. The central will be incredibly exciting this coming season.

Guffman

Apr 7, 2016
I can see us anywhere from 1st to 6th. I pegged us at third but I am feeling very good about this upcoming year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad