So where are the Canucks putting their affiliate? UPD: Utica NY

Mike Jones

Apr 12, 2007
Calgary
It's not great but not bad either. It is a minor league logo for a minor league affiliate.

Have you seen some of the minor league baseball logos?

JB51Hockey

51Hockey
Nov 19, 2012
Among my personal favourites are the Hickory Crawdads and Beloit Snappers logos.

Haha. I think logos like that are awesome. Perfect for minor league sports. Remember that minor league sports are about "developing" players and brining in fans. It's almost stupid to not use a cartoon in your primary. Can't forget the Fort Wayne TinCaps!

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
She could have done 3 minutes of research on hockeydb.com and looked at the history of the Clinton/Utica Comets over the past 60+ years.. Why waste the time? Pretty cool logo that wouldn't have been out of place in the post WWII era when the team started through the present.....

Tommy Hawk

May 27, 2006
She could have done 3 minutes of research on hockeydb.com and looked at the history of the Clinton/Utica Comets over the past 60+ years.. Why waste the time? Pretty cool logo that wouldn't have been out of place in the post WWII era when the team started through the present.....

not the worst one of the AHL but not in the top half either. I never liked the crest/shield type of logos. Give me Capt Crunch, any day!!

MisterUnspoken

Vintage
Nov 10, 2002
New York
You guys will complain about anything... the logo is fine. It's attractive and simple.

As someone who grew up literally 15 minutes from Utica I am THRILLED the team is going there. Upstate NY seems to get a bad rap for some reason but its an awesome place to live. It's beautiful, quiet, has a STRONG hockey fan base and it has many amenities that larger cities have.

I still have Utica Devils stuff from back in the day and I remember seeing Martin Brodeur, Bill Guerin, Corey Schwab, Valeri Zelepukin, Ben Hankinson, and Jim Dowd. They had some pretty famous coaches too like Herb Brooks and Robbie Ftorek.

I remember as a kid like 8 or 9 years old seeing Zelepukin and thinking he had the most awesome name ever. After the game I had my program in my hand and waited outside to have him sign it. Unfortunately he never came out and we went home without an autograph. It's kind of odd how I didn't end up liking the actual Devils even though I loved the Utica Devils.

Anyway...

Go Utica Comets! :yo:

RFA

Jan 17, 2010
I need a 90-91 road with that logo, preferably from a former Albany Choppers player

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
You guys will complain about anything... the logo is fine. It's attractive and simple.

As someone who grew up literally 15 minutes from Utica I am THRILLED the team is going there. Upstate NY seems to get a bad rap for some reason but its an awesome place to live. It's beautiful, quiet, has a STRONG hockey fan base and it has many amenities that larger cities have.

I still have Utica Devils stuff from back in the day and I remember seeing Martin Brodeur, Bill Guerin, Corey Schwab, Valeri Zelepukin, Ben Hankinson, and Jim Dowd. They had some pretty famous coaches too like Herb Brooks and Robbie Ftorek.

I remember as a kid like 8 or 9 years old seeing Zelepukin and thinking he had the most awesome name ever. After the game I had my program in my hand and waited outside to have him sign it. Unfortunately he never came out and we went home without an autograph. It's kind of odd how I didn't end up liking the actual Devils even though I loved the Utica Devils.

Anyway...

Go Utica Comets! :yo:

Utica is a college town with a strong D3 team. I just cant see this team lasting more than 2-3 seasons

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad