So whats going on with Filatov?

General Granny*

I know we still own his rights, he's still only 22 years old (same as Silfvy), he putting up good number for his KHL team, 2nd in scoring only behind an old Send draft pick from 2003.

So if there is a short camp (1week) this month will he get an invite?

Scored a sick goal in the Spengler game.

Has he matured at all and got his head out of his ass?

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
I know we still own his rights, he's still only 22 years old (same as Silfvy), he putting up good number for his KHL team, 2nd in scoring only behind an old Send draft pick from 2003.

He's a wimp - and you don't see many players unwimp in the KHL

WhiteLight*

He should get an invite, but don't know if he will.

He's an NHL player if he wants to be. It's up to him. He might need to take less money, work harder and be more manly than what he does in the KHL, but it's up to him.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

I don't see him getting an invite this year. It's obvious that he wants to play NHL or KHL, no AHL. I think he plays another year or two in Russia before he crosses the pond again, if at all.

tony d

New poll series coming from me on June 3
Jun 23, 2007
Behind A Tree
Yeah, as talented as this guy is his attitude is as big as his talent, let's say away from a player like that.

Fitch89

Sep 11, 2011
I'd only want to see him back as trade bait. Ottawa has created teams that exceed expectations based on a hardworking group of team players. Filatov is neither of those things. We have so many hard working and talented guys in Bingo I'd rather see up in the NHL than Filatov.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
i guess he's doing ok in khl. just looking at the numbers, nothing spectacular:

35 8 11 19

he's second on his team in points.

i don't see this guy returning until his contract expires. (i thought it was a 3 year contract)

derriko

Mar 7, 2009
Las Vegas
People forget how young he is. Dudes only 22. If he were to give it another shot at like 24-25, I could see him being an NhLer. The talent is there.

Also, people bash his work ethic which is wrong. Its not his work ethic but his attitude that is the problem. From everything ive read the guy works hard and trains really hard in the offseason as well.

With our coaches system and some of the talent in our pipeline, we could run 3 scoring lines. If Regin gets over the injury bug, he would be a quality liney. Thats more skill than most 3rd lines I believe albeit small.

The Fuhr*

i guess he's doing ok in khl. just looking at the numbers, nothing spectacular:

35 8 11 19

he's second on his team in points.

i don't see this guy returning until his contract expires. (i thought it was a 3 year contract)

Semin had garbage numbers in Russia last lockout

John Holmes*

Filatov didn't get much of a look. He should have been given just as fair a shot as Butler, who really did nothing, was given.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Anybody know anything about Sergei Mozyakin? Leading the KHL above Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, etc., and it doesn't look like a fluke season.

Guy seems to be a good player from the KHL. Any idea why he's never come over to the NHL? (Get on 'er Murray!)

Last edited:

Mathieu

Aug 28, 2010
I thought I was the only who thought Filatov didn't get a fair shot at the NHL level. He played well in the pre season with Spezza but when the real season started he only got to play with 4th line plug.

Dysentery

Ottawa Senators
Sep 14, 2011
New Brunswick
Filatov didn't get much of a look. He should have been given just as fair a shot as Butler, who really did nothing, was given.

This.

Plus I seriously think Spezza wouldn't pass to him. Like he really didn't like his personality, and he didn't want to play with him, so he sabotaged his tryout. Hahaha.

ATdaisuki

Dec 4, 2012
Ottawa
This.

Plus I seriously think Spezza wouldn't pass to him. Like he really didn't like his personality, and he didn't want to play with him, so he sabotaged his tryout. Hahaha.

lol, i remember that. it was funny because spezza really wouldn't pass it to him.

filly looked better than zibby did last year in his limited showing, and was just as snake bitten. maclean must not have liked him either, because filatov was playing well.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I think Zibby and Da Costa were victims of 2 way contracts. Bobby "minus 2 in a 2-2 game while scoring both goals" Butler was on a 1 way and took a spot. As did the Rooster.

Also, I recall he is supporting his family and his AHL contract doesn't cut the mustard. So off to the KHL.

Sad part is, if he stayed he would have been called up in January and probably stayed the rest of the season.

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Anybody know anything about Sergei Mozyakin? Leading the KHL above Malkin, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Kovalchuk, etc., and it doesn't look like a fluke season.

Guy seems to be a good player from the KHL. Any idea why he's never come over to the NHL? (Get on 'er Murray!)

Dont really know anything about the guy, but Im guessing this had everything to do with it;

Height 5.10 -- Weight 163

Agreed though that his KHL stats are ridiculous. Chances are his skating is not exceptional, which it has to be when your that size to make it in the NHL.

ElRossoMatt

Feb 13, 2010
Bucharest,Romania

He is undersized but you have to watch this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IET7AuXTajI

That last goal is a beaut. He just blows it past a preety good NHL goalie in Anders Lindback. With a shot like that i'd take him in a heartbeat.

Semin is garbage

that makes sense

You forgot the :sarcasm: right?

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad