So what happens if this team is actually bad?

beeker16

Jun 19, 2003
I don't get it.

Just play Zubov highlights and make the D watch it over and over again.
Tell them "See!? That's all you gotta do."

Problem solved.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
I said this last year- your defense is your weakest link.

If you guys want to get in the playoffs and do some damage there you've got to fix your defense.

Frozen Failure

They got business in my hockey, and I hate it.
Nov 13, 2007
DFW

If you guys want to get in the playoffs and do some damage there you've got to fix your defense.

Hard to do when we can't find anyone to replace Jordie the Icing Machine. Or just Ruff growing enough nads to sit him and put Connauton in.

And have 15 million in cap hit tied up in three guys who produce like 800k 4th liners. As soon as we get some legit fresh and motivated talent (not top tier but mid-grade) then we'll probably look better.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
It's kinda pointless shuffling blame on any one individual player, when only Daley has been competent at his job.

True, and the only logical solution is finding someone who will push everyone but Daley down the lineup until we force out the crap.

Jan 9, 2007
Australia
Did I say it was a cure? I just want to see Jordie sat. Or Goose sat. Or whoever keeps making such terrible plays that they are costing us goals.

"Growing enough nads" would seem to indicate you think KC could be a difference maker. He isn't. We need help on D by a factor of 5, not marginal possible upgrades.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
"Growing enough nads" would seem to indicate you think KC could be a difference maker. He isn't. We need help on D by a factor of 5, not marginal possible upgrades.

Sorry.

I really just meant seeing if Connauton was enough to maybe keep one goal out of the net per game or force one or two more scoring chances on the opposition rather than whatever Jordie has be doing.

It's a difference.

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
Actually I think benching Jordie would be a terrible idea. Moving him down to the third pair would be fine. Sitting him and giving his PK minutes to Oleksiak, KConn or Gonchar would be awful. He may be bad at EV but he's a fairly effective PKer or at least no worse than the rest of our D is at it.

MetalGodAOD*

Man I should take you to Vegas because you're a modern day Nostradamus.

Also you realize you come off like a giant tool the way you said that, I hope?

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
Hard to do when we can't find anyone to replace Jordie the Icing Machine. Or just Ruff growing enough nads to sit him and put Connauton in.

And have 15 million in cap hit tied up in three guys who produce like 800k 4th liners. As soon as we get some legit fresh and motivated talent (not top tier but mid-grade) then we'll probably look better.

This sounds sadly familiar to me.

We have some guys on the Bruins that are being paid a ton of cash but have struggled to produce this season. Lucic & Marchand to name two though Marchand has had two very good games in a row.

Frozen Failure

Nov 13, 2007
DFW
[/B]

This sounds sadly familiar to me.

We have some guys on the Bruins that are being paid a ton of cash but have struggled to produce this season. Lucic & Marchand to name two though Marchand has had two very good games in a row.

Boston hasn't been too beaten by expensive guys not contributing. I'd think losing Chara, Krug and that Krejci guy for a few games has hurt them considerably more than Lucic and Marchand being slow out of the gate. We've had... Gonchar out. That's about it. I would put most of Boston's lack of clear cut success as long term exhaustion from being so damn good and some critical injures. The Bruins have also had excellent goatlending from Svedberg. As opposed to Lindbackup who has been Lindsievebackup. Plus Boston has had a plethora of young talent come into the roster and contribute successfully. Way more than what Dallas has had. Probably because they have a few guys who can carry the load and give the kids a bit more space.

And it's not so much that Cole, Horcoff, Gonchar (and Hemsky I guess) aren't contributing more for their dollars, it's that they're keeping us from splurging on a slightly higher priced D-man who might be able to move guys down the lineup to better matchups on the whole.

And at this rate, the Spezza trade is going to be Richards 2.0, which will be a trade that seems to be something that contributes to handicapping progress rather than getting us to break out and win more games.

nablock

May 8, 2014
Houston, Texas
Actually I think benching Jordie would be a terrible idea. Moving him down to the third pair would be fine. Sitting him and giving his PK minutes to Oleksiak, KConn or Gonchar would be awful. He may be bad at EV but he's a fairly effective PKer or at least no worse than the rest of our D is at it.

You can't ice the puck on the PK :handclap:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad