Pre-Game Talk: So We Meet Again

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
I know they’ll probably start with Duclair and see how he does but will probably have a really short leash after game 1. First line seems to be set for now and Huberdeau-Bennett-Duclair has worked in the past. I mostly like the speed (and skill) game that Duclair provides that line. Only down size is he gets stifled in the playoffs too easily with the increased intensity and physicality. I was thinking, I wish there was an option that still provides great speed for that line but with size/strength and not sacrificing skill, then I thought….that’s Mamin. He could actually work pretty well on that line. Mamin is one of our fastest skaters, has size and strength, can help with some of the cycle game and board work, has some skill of his own, and can also help apply a fast and aggressive forecheck. I think it could work.

Then keep the classic line 3 together and decide whether you want to dress Lomberg or Acciari to play with Luostarinen and horn on line 4

Jean Luc Discard

Jul 11, 2014
I know they’ll probably start with Duclair

I concur but there's absolutely nothing new we can learn from by letting him play on the top6. Let him start on the 2nd line, then reduce his TOI towards the end of the game and finally scratch him rest of the series. No reason to extend this experiment any further.

Luostarinen was a stud against the Caps. Even the Caps' broadcasting duo spent like a 30sec talking about him being yet another Barkov out there (ofc not related to his point production) during the 2nd or 3rd game.

austropanther

Jul 21, 2015
Bregenz
I prefer this one

bring-it-are-you-ready.gif

Last edited:

pb1300

#CatsAreComing
Sponsor
Mar 6, 2002
Αιγιο-ΕΛΛΑΔΑ
GetI like how we had to “grow up” a little against the Caps. Put our big boy pants on and tested, and put in to situations that maybe they didn’t deal with in the regular season. They didn’t control the play, had no puck luck, losing every 50/50 chance, zero PP goals. It seemed to to be the perfect opportunity to get knocked out of the first again, but we aren’t the Leafs. We overcame adversity, and finally broke through.

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
Glad the Bolts beat Leafs. Excited for another "battle of Florida" this year, hopefully the 2nd of many to come! Going to be way different from the Caps series if Leafs/Bolts are anything to go by, probably suits the Panthers better. If we get the goaltending from the Caps series I think we will be fine. But will have to cut down on the penalties big time, as well as getting our PP going. Actually really miss Hoffman right now, we were a bit of a one trick pony back then but I feel we are missing that trigger guy right now. Move Ekblad to the left? Anyway, should be a great series if last year is anything to go by. When is game 1??...can't wait! :hit:

GigaChad

Oct 9, 2013
That Toronto fan chrisk that ripped the panthers in every thread on the mains and extolled the leafs is probably having a bad night.
These fans are the exact reason why the Leafs are my least favourite franchise.
Feels great when they lose.

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
That’s why Toronto games are the best second to Montreal games in Florida to sit in attandence for, watching them lose in OT when Montour scored was a sight I’d pay to see again.

Reactions: Vilam

airbud

Dec 24, 2019
really loved luosty this series and easily has my pick for playing the most above his weight class. When marchy comes back vs tampa Id like to see something like,
huby - barky - rhino​
marchy - benny - mamin​
horny - lundell - duclair​
acciari - lousty - lomb​
The 2nd line is there for murder.​

SimbaThePanther

Jul 3, 2015
Sweden
really loved luosty this series and easily has my pick for playing the most above his weight class. When marchy comes back vs tampa Id like to see something like,
huby - barky - rhino​
marchy - benny - mamin​
horny - lundell - duclair​
acciari - lousty - lomb​

The 2nd line is there for murder.​

We gonna dump Giroux or am I missing something? ;)

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I am reposting the prediction I posted yesterday that this series will be the highest rated playoff series of 2022.

Howboutthempanthers

Thread killer.
Sponsor
Sep 11, 2012
Brow. County, Fl.
Literally waited half my life for this team to get out of the first round. I was just about 26 when they had that playoff run in 96. I'm just about 52 now. It should never have gotten to this point.
But oh well, glad they made it.
I'm not confident about playing the Lightning. Hopefully the Panthers can step up their game. Because they will not beat Tampa Bay if they play against them like they played against Washington. Will have to skate, and skate for the whole game, every game to beat the Lightning. If they can do that, they might just go all the way.

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
If you have tickets and can’t make either game 1 or two lmk. I’d be interested, the ticket master and stub hub fees are crazy and I’d rather give you the fees and cut them out - win win

floridada

Jan 31, 2009
Florida
If you have tickets and can’t make either game 1 or two lmk. I’d be interested, the ticket master and stub hub fees are crazy and I’d rather give you the fees and cut them out - win win
If you do find someone willing to give up their tickets then you better use paypal goods and services. That way you're protected if you get scammed.

JEFFREY87

Oct 9, 2020
If you do find someone willing to give up their tickets then you better use paypal goods and services. That way you're protected if you get scammed.
Thanks for the good suggestion. Honestly I may end up just buying and dealing w the fees.

FlaPanthers11

Cats Are Coming?
Aug 30, 2013
I think Duclair get another shot. Especially at home. We control the matchups game 1 and 2 so can send Huberdeau Bennett Duclair out there in favorable spots.

In Tampa I think they’d be targeted in the D zone along with the Montour Gudas pairing so Duclair may get pulled from those games

CanePanther

Jan 4, 2022
I just don’t get the obsession with Duke. We all know what he can do when he does something but honestly can you remember when that was ?
Also that same obsession against Bob and his play is way over critical. Be fair so many goals come on breakaways from errant passes and often we don’t protect him around the net.

WaitingForThatCab

#1 Nick Cousins Fan Account
Mar 11, 2017
I just don’t get the obsession with Duke. We all know what he can do when he does something but honestly can you remember when that was ?
Also that same obsession against Bob and his play is way over critical. Be fair so many goals come on breakaways from errant passes and often we don’t protect him around the net.

I think in a more open series he'll have some value, but yeah, he was totally invisible in the last 2 playoff series. I think we probably have to come to grips with the fact that the guy is a great regular season producer and his play isn't suited for the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad