So this is what we "Know" about the draft

Status
Not open for further replies.

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
strong possibility that wash get AO and pitts gets malkin

columbus wants barker and if he's not there at 4 they'll trade down

florida looks to do something big (be it guerin or something else)

L.A will draft a goalie and could possibly trade up to make sure its one of the top two

Atlanta looks to do something for someone.

the islanders like a player that isn't high on teams list but possible could be gone by there pick.

look for"weird" trades and vets droped for depth picks.

after the top 2 picks players are projected to go anywhere.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
This is what I can see happening in the top five. Ovechkin to Washington. Malkin to Pittsburgh. OLesz to Chicago. Barker to Columbus. Tukenon or Thelen to Phoenix. I could also see Columbus trading up to nab Barker. Or any one of the picks after Columbus moved as well. It really is a crap shoot IMO after the top four. :dunno:

willie

Mar 3, 2002
Visit site
lace-em'-up said:
L.A will draft a goalie and could possibly trade up to make sure its one of the top two

That is far from a guarantee. Certainly, LA could take a goaltender but the Kings are still a very BPA kind of team.

And, really, with Munce and Brust, LA does have a pair of quality netminding prospects.

lace-em'-up

May 11, 2003
Visit site
all i see in every mock draft is L.A drafting a goaltender or trading up to get one.
also i thought phyonix might draft a goalie

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
lace-em'-up said:
and now recent reports have NYR getting Ladd or stafford at there current position

I wouldn't worry too much about "recent reports". There's always a lot of mis-direction going on when it comes to the draft, and with this years group not having any real hierarchy, I would expect it even more.

Mr.Brownov*

Washington picks Malkin.Insulted AO leaves the draft to pursue a career in the NBA.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
We truely know very little. Players will be selected, teams will make trades, some players will leave without being chosen. That's all we can be certain of. Oh, and that Raleigh will be warm.

Beyond that we only have our suspicions, ideas and opinions.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
Well---Ovechkin and Malkin going #1-2 is a certainty......

The other certainty is that the CHIHAWKS will screw up this draft by:
a) wasting everyone's time with the futile pursuit of AO when they instead should have thrown in the kitchen sink for Malkin..
b) selecting Barker at #3.....they need to take a forward...
c) failing to trade the #3 down a few spots (if any takers from #4-#7;we know CBJ wants Barker-but they don't have any 2nds to sweeten the deal--but they might have been enticed to also give up Dan Fritsche + #4 for #3 plus a Hawks' 2nd=would help both teams needs;NYR has multile 1sts and 2nds so if they wanted Barker the Hawks might have obliged).....
d) CGY practically begging to trade the #19 for 2 2nds -if Hawks don't do this with them= a royal screwup.....or if they do the deal,selecting stupidly at #19 --I'll be sure to comment if I don't luike who they take...
e) not using one of their PLETHORA of young goalies in some deal to package in another move up along with a PLETHORA of picks..

IN SUM: HAWKS WILL SOMEHOW MISS THE BOAT IN THIS DRAFT...(they nearly always disappoint me).

Flames Draft Watcher

Feb 27, 2002
Calgary
Visit site
It looks to me that Barker is probably the best pick at #3. Who cares if you need a forward, Barker has a higher upside than any of your defensemen prospects and I'm sure Babchuk and Seabrooke would fetch quite a lot of the trade market to get this forward you're so convinced you need.

Best Player Available is what they should do not best forward available.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad