So that Valiev kid .......

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
I was actually going to discuss bringing up Loov, and not as a knee jerk reaction.

We have 4 right handed shots and Babcock likes LD-RD format. Loov is someone we need to know pretty much this year if he's going to be sticking around or if we cut bait. He looked good last year when he was up.

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
I was actually going to discuss bringing up Loov, and not as a knee jerk reaction.

We have 4 right handed shots and Babcock likes LD-RD format. Loov is someone we need to know pretty much this year if he's going to be sticking around or if we cut bait. He looked good last year when he was up.

Valy is a left shot im sure he can play the side.

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I wouldn't mind them dressing seven dmen.

Gardiner Zaitsev 25 min
____ Carrick 18 min
Hunwick Polak 17 min

Corrado and Loov play 9 min each with Carrick.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Valy is a left shot im sure he can play the side.

We need a left shot in this case.

I wouldn't mind them dressing seven dmen.

Gardiner Zaitsev 25 min
____ Carrick 18 min
Hunwick Polak 17 min

Corrado and Loov play 9 min each with Carrick.

So...sorry Corrado...

Gardiner-Carrick
Hunwick-Zaitsev
Loov-Polak

THAT or Soshnikov sits, need Martin for toughness and Gauthier to pk and because you want 4 centres.

Same D line up except Corrado rotates in and out.

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Keep Corrado in for 4-5 games straight. Didn't want him on this team but now that hes here try removing the constant threat of being benched after each game to see if his play improves.

Valiev should have been called up instead.

Gardiner Zaitsev
Hunwick Polak
Valiev Carrick

Walshy7

Sep 18, 2016
Toronto
Just call up Loov and Valiev, corrado to the press box

if he is so bad that when the one reason he has been in the press box for so long comes up we still dont want him, why even move him back to the pressbox? waive him

edit: waive corrado, call up Loov/valiev trade hunwick and then Marincin isnt far off

The Examiner

Jun 24, 2013
If they call up Valiev then I say they sit Carrick. He was worse than Corrado yesterday and maybe if Babcock shows just a little faith in Frankie, he might play a bit more confidently.

Everybody seems to be over-reacting (what else is new), on Corrado's play yesterday. It must not be very easy to step in, only having played 1 game, half way through the season.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
If they call up Valiev then I say they sit Carrick. He was worse than Corrado yesterday and maybe if Babcock shows just a little faith in Frankie, he might play a bit more confidently.

Everybody seems to be over-reacting (what else is new), on Corrado's play yesterday. It must not be very easy to step in, only having played 1 game, half way through the season.

That is a big thing (coming in after sitting so long) - rightly or wrongly, having someone who's been playing all year might make more sense for us .

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Just thinking having Reilly out and Corrado in, Babcock kinda messed up his defence pairing.

My suggestions is to keep the RHDs playing in their normal positions....Zaitsev, Polak, Carrick

LHD, Gardiner, Hunwick and call up Valiev, Valiev isn't Reilly but having him playing instead of Corrado doesn't screw up the other five guys.

Quares27

Apr 3, 2013
That was definitely the worst game the Leafs have played in a long time. Even if its one game I don't see any reason not to make a callup or some kind of change.

usernamezrhardtodo

Mar 26, 2014
Keep Corrado in for 4-5 games straight. Didn't want him on this team but now that hes here try removing the constant threat of being benched after each game to see if his play improves.

Valiev should have been called up instead.

Gardiner Zaitsev
Hunwick Polak
Valiev Carrick

Corrado simply cannot skate at the level needed for the NHL. How often have you seen an NHL Dman fall over trying to skate backwards while doing a pivot?? there is a reason Babs has not played him...he sees that Corrado can't skate and that is the main reason. Never mind the stupid penalties he took as well. The guy had a nice Corsi rating and everyone just assumed he was amazing defensively because of the corsi numbers...well...that ain't how it always works in the NHL.

I don't get the love for this guy...AT ALL....:(

sxvnert

Nov 23, 2015
Corrado simply cannot skate at the level needed for the NHL. How often have you seen an NHL Dman fall over trying to skate backwards while doing a pivot?? there is a reason Babs has not played him...he sees that Corrado can't skate and that is the main reason. Never mind the stupid penalties he took as well. The guy had a nice Corsi rating and everyone just assumed he was amazing defensively because of the corsi numbers...well...that ain't how it always works in the NHL.

I don't get the love for this guy...AT ALL....:(

Shocked they haven't given him away for a conditional 7th. We have Marincin and Leivo for the expansion draft, its time to move on from this project. I would much rather give minutes to prospects with a future.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
Shocked they haven't given him away for a conditional 7th. We have Marincin and Leivo for the expansion draft, its time to move on from this project. I would much rather give minutes to prospects with a future.

Then who sits in the Press Box ? Honest question.

teeder333*

Oct 22, 2014
I dont get the non love for Loov and Valiev, I think they have some good game. Give them a shot Babs.

Mugzy97

#StandWitness
Mar 3, 2015
Halifax, NS
Then who sits in the Press Box ? Honest question.

Agreed, don't know why people care about what's going on with Corrado at all. He's a spare D for an injury situation and it keeps the Loov's and Valiev's sheltered and from being shipped back and forth. That's it

cannucky

Aug 18, 2011
I think they are trying to get Corrado and Carrick enough games to be draftable by Vegas , No point bringing up Valiev and Loov yet we don't have any way to protect them if they reach their game totals .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad