*intro to the sopranos*
twitter.com
literally me immediately after hallsy's pen

giftofjericho.gif

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
I'm guessing a lot bought tickets at exorbitant mark-ups and had no chance selling them at the prices they paid. :laugh:

I'm almost happy that that many of them had to sit through that. It was glorious because, for me, that was a typical NYR contigent which I'm numb to at this point.

Could be worse, we could be the Islanders.
I was watching ticketmaster for this game a few weeks ago and noticed about ten tickets behind the rags bench that were worth $400-$600 were sold, I LOL'd, thanks for the money, hope they enjoyed the torture.

Reactions: New Jersey

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
Chris is getting better about it. Not Gross levels, but I see more post game tweets from him when all he would do before was post the record article and call it a night.

Amanda is fun because she has instantly become a fan. She is hooked on this team.

I'd say the combination of Morreale, Ryan, Masisak, and Stein together has successfully replaced TG.

Zippy316

aka Zippo
Aug 17, 2012
New Jersey
So who do we root for in the PIT vs CBJ game? Pittsburgh finishes up with Ottawa and the Jackets finish with the Predators who will surely be resting guys.

I'd say regulation win from PIT. Devils winning out in that case would give us a PIT vs. NJD opening match-up

Personally, I'd rather avoid Columbus, because we don't match up well against them at all.

Reactions: Blender

MartyOwns

thank you shero
Apr 1, 2007
are we at a point yet where we can discuss playoff avatars? or are we still in the phase where we think the things we discuss here have an effect on how the team plays? if it's the former, i'm recommending nothing but cangi banana hammock madness. the best kind of playoff avatars are the ones no other HF fan base understands, IMO

SpeakingOfTheDevils

Devils Advocate
Jan 22, 2010
Philadelphia, PA
The fact that a NYR social media account (even if it isn't affiliated with the actual club) would shrug that sucker punch off as a "it's been that kind of year" thing is just so telling.

Their fans are such garbage. It was clear he was thinking violence from the get-go. If I were sitting right there and that happened in front of me, he would've left the section on a stretcher.

Devils Dominion

Now we Plummet
Feb 16, 2007
NJ
The fact that a NYR social media account (even if it isn't affiliated with the actual club) would shrug that sucker punch off as a "it's been that kind of year" thing is just so telling.

Their fans are such garbage. It was clear he was thinking violence from the get-go. If I were sitting right there and that happened in front of me, he would've left the section on a stretcher.

Most of their fans last night were quiet as mice and had a look of defeat on their faces.
A few around me left after the 2nd.

But I did notice some bottom of the barrel goons walking around looking for trouble.
Those types are a joke

Last edited:

Blackjack

Feb 13, 2003
keyjhboardd +bro]ke
Visit site
That penalty shot was just insane. Just insane. Maybe the best one I've ever seen. No deke, no backhand forehand drag, no tribute to Forsburg or Datsyuk, just rev the engine, explode onto the puck, carry it into the slot, and f***ing rip it past the glove. My god. My f***ing god. Just 'I'm better than you, you can't stop me'. Dunking on Mutombo, a Bautista home run with a bat flip. Terrell Owens dragging a defensive back into the end zone. And then the arena with the MVP chants.

Between the speed Hall had when he picked up the puck, and that he ripped it from the high slot, and the speed of his shot, I would say that is one of the fastest PS sequences I've ever seen from whistle to puck in the back of the net.

Nubmer6

Sleep is a poor substitute for caffeine
Sponsor
Jul 14, 2013
The Village
That penalty shot was just insane. Just insane. Maybe the best one I've ever seen. No deke, no backhand forehand drag, no tribute to Forsburg or Datsyuk, just rev the engine, explode onto the puck, carry it into the slot, and ****ing rip it past the glove. My god. My ****ing god. Just 'I'm better than you, you can't stop me'. Dunking on Mutombo, a Bautista home run with a bat flip. Terrell Owens dragging a defensive back into the end zone. And then the arena with the MVP chants.

Between the speed Hall had when he picked up the puck, and that he ripped it from the high slot, and the speed of his shot, I would say that is one of the fastest PS sequences I've ever seen from whistle to puck in the back of the net.
It's similar to the breakaway 2 games ago. In fact, I suspect the breakaway inspired it. He just ripped perfectly placed shots before the goalies expected it.

Reactions: Blackjack
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad