Snipers available in 2004?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duff88

May 7, 2002
Jakub Sindel has everything to become a speedy sniper in the NHL!

Duff88

May 7, 2002
SmokeyClause said:
I'm looking for players that will likely be available outside of the top 10. Does he qualify?

He will probably go anywhere between 5-25. Right now, #10 is a good place to have him.

Koltsov71

SmokeyClause said:
any info. on the kid?

I don't know a whole lot about him, but I know he is extremely talented. Very good goal scoring ability. He does need to bulk up though. Not as effective against larger guys.

Unthinkable

CJHF13 said:
At 165 I would bet my left...no right...no left eye that he won't be in the top 10.

Reminds me of a peace loving bumper sticker I saw earlier today. An eye for an eye and pretty soon the whole world will be blind.

X-SHARKIE

I like to keep my own Top 30 prospect list for each draft before it comes. So when the Sharks took Michalek I could go back and say hey I wanted that guy, or for awhile there I wanted Vanek...Now i'm glad we got Michalek definitly :) :) Sorry anywho...

I have Jakub Sindel as #13. He just has a incredible skill set, I thik he'll mature into his body more. Predetors would take this kid I think if they have a pick in that neighborhood. He's alot better then some of the 1st rounders but theres a good number of guys next that are just as good, or better. Ovechkin= way better for example.

So dont let Sindels size discourage you. But he's not Top 10 definitly.

Spiffy

If you want an overage, undersized stick magician you should check out Janne Laakkonen of HPK. He was born in 1982 and is still young. He is one of the best stickhandlers in the finnish league and is really creative and has wicked vision and hockey sense. Probably going to be drafted late in 2004...

Sampe

Feb 27, 2002
Vantaa
Spiffy said:
If you want an overage, undersized stick magician you should check out Janne Laakkonen of HPK. He was born in 1982 and is still young. He is one of the best stickhandlers in the finnish league and is really creative and has wicked vision and hockey sense. Probably going to be drafted late in 2004...

That's what I thought in the spring of 2002 - that someone's going to pick him in the next draft. Same story this year. And yet, he's still undrafted, despite outscoring most of the 'big name prospects' in Finland. I can't possibly understand why nobody wants to 'waste' a 9th rounder (is that even possible?) by drafting him. He might be 5'9 and easy to knock off the puck but he's also a great skater and very difficult to catch.

That said, he's definitely no sniper. Never has been, never will be. He's what I'd call a playmaking winger who always seems to score by accident, no matter how many goals he scores or how brilliant his goals might looked like. Oh, and he had an off game today by his standards.

eh

Janne Laakkonen

Sampe said:
That's what I thought in the spring of 2002 - that someone's going to pick him in the next draft. Same story this year. And yet, he's still undrafted, despite outscoring most of the 'big name prospects' in Finland. I can't possibly understand why nobody wants to 'waste' a 9th rounder (is that even possible?) by drafting him. He might be 5'9 and easy to knock off the puck but he's also a great skater and very difficult to catch.

Does he have his own thread on the Prospects' board? Or even the Finnish board? Maybe it would help him to get noticed. Or are all the NHL teams so obsessed with size/grit that pure finesse skill players like him no longer have room in the league?

Epsilon

#basta
Oct 26, 2002
South Cackalacky
monster_bertuzzi said:
Slava Olesz is your guy if you want size then. 6'2 195.

Of course, he will probably be gone in the first 5 picks. I'd expect Nashville won't be picking in the top 5. Depending on how bad of a year they have, or if they are willing to pay a bit to move up in the draft, Lauri Tukonen would be an option worth considering.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad