Pre-Game Talk: SNES up in Flames, Tuesday night

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Ott: Markstrom
Cal: 1st 2024 (Boston), Sogaard, Ostapchik
They are 4th last trading prospects and picks is exactly why they are in this position. Enough of the Dorion moves. Need to actually develop these players.

Oh look another team getting ready to play the sens coming off an embarrassing loss. What could go wrong for the boys from Ottawa!
Losing to bad teams like the Flames is important for the tank. Embrace it. Everyone loses to good teams but losing to bad ones thats what gives you a real shot at #1.

Joseph Greig Tarasenko has been the teams best line this year. Are they playing together tonight?

LiseL

Sep 25, 2023
Why isnt that Greig. He scored a PP goal not that long ago when he actually had a chance. Kubalik is a waste of space.
Greig is on PK, could be for game management reasons but I agree, he'd be a better fit. However, Kastelic is good in F/O circle so if he's not on the same PP unit as Giroux, that could be a +.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Why isnt that Greig. He scored a PP goal not that long ago when he actually had a chance. Kubalik is a waste of space.
Kastelic, not Kubalik, but I'd like to see Greig there too.

I guess they are trying Kastelic almost exclusively to screen the goalie, Martin has been talking about how they need to take the goalies eyes away and go to the net more.

Reactions: Alex1234

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Greig is on PK, could be for game management reasons but I agree, he'd be a better fit. However, Kastelic is good in F/O circle so if he's not on the same PP unit as Giroux, that could be a +.
I was and am vying for a bigger shakeup within the lineup. Greig should be moved up the lineup and pick a C to move down or to the wing.
These guys gotta get whacked out of their comfort zones and take a good look in the mirror to up what they are bringing. I have really liked Kelly with Greig as well. I personally would be making bigger adjustments to the PP as well. Too many of the primadonnas have mailed it in too often.
You want prime ice time... earn it.

Last edited:
Reactions: WallyD

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
I was and am vying for a bigger shakeup within the lineup. Greig should be moved up the lineup and pick a C to move down or to the wing.
These guys gotta get whacked out of their comfort zones and take a good look in the mirror to up what they are bringing. I have really liked Kelly with Greig as well. I personally would be making bigger adjustments to the PP as well. Too many of the primadonnas have mailed it in too often.
You want prime ice time... earn it.
Agreed... Jacques and Daniel really have to make it abundantly clear that the new system is 'piecework', as in rewarded for work, not potential or entitlement. If you don't perform you get moved down. Perform well, you move up the lineup. PP time must be earned, not owed. I would make it clear the rest of the year is a tryout to see who buys in and helps work this team out of it's funk, and who sulks, resists and continues to not meet their potential.

Last edited:
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

I guess they are trying Kastelic almost exclusively to screen the goalie, Martin has been talking about how they need to take the goalies eyes away and go to the net more.
Probably but I trust Greig to do everything including screening the goalie better than Kastelic
He could be our next Holstrom if he could add 15 lbs

If only Kastelic was a good PKer with his speed and FO ability...

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

I followed that it was Kastelic, I am just pointing out that im glad Kubalik is off as he is a waste of space.

Reactions: Micklebot

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4