Confirmed with Link: Smith to re-sign with VGK ~3x$5; and Howden 1yr ext; Rondberg 3yrs ext. Sign Frose, Hutchinson, Rempal

IceNeophyte

Nov 14, 2017
Press: "How are you going to fit this within the cap?"
McCrimmon: We are going to trade Stone and Pietrangelo, both 50% retained, Martinez, and 2023 first round pick away for some career AHLer."

Reactions: CupInSIX

willy702

Jul 3, 2016
Fair deal in an NHL with increasing salaries. 5m soon will get you a third line C. Unfortunately for Reilly when the cap really gets going he's pretty much out of his good earning years.

azvgk

Nov 29, 2019
I understand his age and our cap situation, but I think he took a hometown discount to stay with VGK. He could of gotten and extra year and an extra million per from another team on the open market. Think he's worth every bit of his deal, his speed and penalty killing ability make him quite underrated IMO.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
My guess is this will be announced 7/13, start of "new" season (with off season 10% over cap allowed).

(Unless they can make some moves at draft.)

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
I understand his age and our cap situation, but I think he took a hometown discount to stay with VGK. He could of gotten and extra year and an extra million per from another team on the open market. Think he's worth every bit of his deal, his speed and penalty killing ability make him quite underrated IMO.

I also think he took a hometown discount. It's so cheap and great term for everything that he does for this team. I truly believe that he is the heart and soul of the team and how he goes, the team goes.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
My guess is this will be announced 7/13, start of "new" season (with off season 10% over cap allowed).

(Unless they can make some moves at draft.)

With the way the Tagging rules work Vegas currently has approximately $250k in free cap space until the next season starts on July 13th and they can use an off season LTIR On Weber. This assumes all RFA’s are qualified.

So yes it’s safe to assume we won’t hear anything official before the 13th.

The cap rules don’t allow teams to commit more than 110% of the cap to players in a future season, regardless of any LTIR relief.

Reactions: theslatcher

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad