WWE: Smackdown LIVE part 6 -- This is War

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Not sure I would call SD smarky at all. Talking Smack is smarky, but that is a seperate thing.

SD is just simpler then RAW. Bit more like NXT in that respect.

Problem is all the storylines going into Backlash feel kind of meh or directionless.

RAW makes baffling decisions, while SD is kind of just there. Makes SD the much easier watch.

I guess i agree somewhat. I was actually going to compare it to NXT but the characters and stories there are more interesting.

I think it does feel somewhat all over the map though and maybe thats the problem. Maybe its because theres no real build for this ppv, maybe its because DA feels neutered, maybe its no Cena, i dont know.
I just feels very meh.

Raw SHOULD be killing it. Better roster by far.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Smackdown proves that even a bad two-hour show is still easier to sit through than a decent three-hour show.

4thdoctor

Jan 28, 2014
I want to know why they didn't give AJ/Dean more time? Kill the Kane segment. Yeeeesh.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I feel like the monkeys in creative wrote in everything and then just as the Fandango-Kane thing was happening they realized at the last second "oh ****, we have no overrun!"

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Two vacant (and previously non-existent) titles I think have hurt SD a bit.

While it was almost entirely out of necessity, but RAW got it right by narrowing down their title feud right out of the gate, as well as awarding it at Summerslam. It streamlined everything and made the belt feel important.

Waiting until Backlash to fill both titles has left to much time every week on storylines that aren't really progressing much, more so the women.

Either they are unable or unwilling to do something more with the women outside of throwing them into different combinations of team matches, something they have been doing since night 1. Ideally they should of awarded the SD women's belt at Summerslam and gave their female roster a big moment to propel them forward. Would of been even more ideal to have all the women on one show.

4thdoctor

Jan 28, 2014
SS would have been even longer with another two title matches. I'm fine with waiting for Backlash as it gives guys like Slater time to appear on tv and shine while doing it. The show just needed more focus and with only three weeks build.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
Weeks of tag tournament and women's matches really stalled the momentum for the top cards. Between the new belts we must have been getting an average of 3 matches a night and probably 30+ minutes of a 2 hour show devoted to them.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
"The Usos were eliminated in 10 seconds, how are they back in this tournament!?"

Alvarez realizing on air that The Usos are getting a second chance was lol worthy.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
Usos pinned in 28 seconds. Back in the tournament. Breezango actually have a good 10 minute match with AA? Nowhere to be seen.

Falco Lombardi

Nov 17, 2011
St. Louis, MO
Having seen what the booking has been the last month, they should have put the belt on Dolph and had him lose it to AJ with the feud being AJ questioning if Dolph was a fluke. That would have been dramatically better than this crap and it still would end with Styles winning the belt.

Dean is truly awful to watch these days.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
It's pretty strange when you think that Ambrose had one of the matches of the year at the Royal Rumble and what we all thought that meant for him moving forward.

BonMorrison

Jun 17, 2011
Toronto, ON
The contrast to our reaction to Dean now compared to when he won the belt is staggering.

I maintain this is mostly the road agents / bookers faults.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The contrast to our reaction to Dean now compared to when he won the belt is staggering.

I maintain this is mostly the road agents / bookers faults.

It's Dean. He's said he works a safe, slower style because the company relies on him a lot. He's proud of being their workhorse so he works a style to prevent injuries.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Creative isn't helping matters by writing bland feud and not managing their time effiecently, but I understand how much we needed that Kane/Fandango segment.

Funny Dean isn't very good. I don't want Dean leaving AJ on the ropes for a comedy spot or giving him bowling trophys.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
The actual content of the promo was good, but the delivery was ass because of the time crunch and Ambrose being forced to rush through everything.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
I was impressed with Dean's rapping skills though.

Paris in Flames

Feb 4, 2009
At this EXACT moment in time....I think Dean might be my least favourite Shield member.

Never thought I'd say that.

Shoalzie

Trust me!
May 16, 2003
Portland, MI
Dean has been booked like a goof...I like him better when he's bordering on crazy and brings some intensity. He's Joker Sting.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I thought we were gonna get some Moxley style promos from Dean when they put the strap on him but of course it's still the same old goofy Dean

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I was hoping the Dean we saw during the Dolph feud would be the Dean we would see more often.

I really liked that. But it seems it's right back to the comedy good ****.

4thdoctor

Jan 28, 2014
I liked Dean and still do so I guess I'm the only one now.

Now I haven't watched the WWE the entire year but Dean becoming champ did bring me back after a horrible WrestleMania.

Everyone keeps mentioning jokey Dean like it's when Cena was always trying to be funny and failing. He did wear a big cowboy hat in Texas I believe after SS, but he didn't wear it all night. He tripped AJ to fall on rope so he wouldn't get hit. Oops guess he's being silly. So what? Shakes his hand? It's different.

He gives AJ the bowling trophy however it fits into the promo Dean gives and it's not just some random occurrence. Don't think that it was supposed to be LOL funny but him being a smart ass.

People don't like Dean it's cool but I also think he can do no right at the moment and everything he does is wrong/stupid/meh/boring and AJ is perfection.

I like both. AJ wins is cool by me but I hope Dean wins because the whining from the IWC will be great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad