WWE: Smackdown 7 vs. Raw 7: 2017 Edition

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Are you kidding? The SD roster is being booked way better than RAW.

RAW

Braun = Fantastic, unstoppable monster. Well done
Joe = Also great, but its only been 2 weeks. He didn't get a clean win in his first match as well so...
Jericho = Pretty good, the best friends angle has been fantastic
KO = Terrible chicken s*** heel champion. Terrible champion, but the best friends angle has been good
Rollins = they completely screwed up his face turn.
Balor = had some solid booking, is now hurt so voided.
Reigns = LOL

SD

Wyatt = Has been booked awesome since the brand split, also hasn't eaten a pin since september, won tag team gold, has now pinned Cena and Styles a few times in the span of a few days and is WWE champ. The Wyatts storyline has been great
Cena = LOL although his fued with Styles was amazing and his stuff with ambrose was also amazing so really he's been booked quite awesome
Orton = meh, his stuff with he Wyatts has been cool but I still don't like him winning the rumble.
Ambrose = Also meh, The ellsworth stuff was bad...
Styles = Amazing heel work, defending his championship MUCH better champion than KO.
Corbin = He's been getting some strong showings over the past while, he's on the right track
Harper or Miz (depending on how you see things) = Both have been booked great, Miz had an amazing IC run on SD. Harper is showing he can be a singles guy and the Wyatt storyline has been great for Harper.

You completely missed the point. This is about which show has the better 7 wrestlers.

Absolutely nothing about the booking

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
I'm going to start a series of polls having the board select the "Smackdown 6" and "Raw 6" for 2017 and then putting them against each other in a poll similar to this -- that one would be based off in-ring work only though.

Kimi

Jun 24, 2004
Newcastle upon Tyne
I'm going to start a series of polls having the board select the "Smackdown 6" and "Raw 6" for 2017 and then putting them against each other in a poll similar to this -- that one would be based off in-ring work only though.
Why not NXT too? You can make a really nice group of six in Itami, Gargano, Hero, Nakamura, Ciampa, and End (passing on Young, Almas, Roode, Strong).

Not the star power of the main roster groups, but easily more talented than the Smackdown lot.

And I don't think only in-ring should count. That basically rules out Miz, but I think it's a very easy argument to have him as part of the group if you count character work too.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Why not NXT too? You can make a really nice group of six in Itami, Gargano, Hero, Nakamura, Ciampa, and End (passing on Young, Almas, Roode, Strong).

Not the star power of the main roster groups, but easily more talented than the Smackdown lot.

And I don't think only in-ring should count. That basically rules out Miz, but I think it's a very easy argument to have him as part of the group if you count character work too.

I'll probably do a series. This one was just "top guys".

Next will be a "Smackdown and Raw 6" for purely in-ring work, character work, mic workers, etc.

The Gongshow

Fire JBB
Jul 17, 2014
Toronto
You completely missed the point. This is about which show has the better 7 wrestlers.

Absolutely nothing about the booking

SD wins regardless if its better wrestlers or better booked.

AJ > anyone on RAW

KO, Sami and Seth can be great but haven't put on a decent match in forever. Seth has been boring for a while in the ring when he can do so much better. KO hasn't had a good match since Zayn he's so boring now.

Cena has been putting on entertaining matches for the past couple years now, U.S open challenge was great, his fued with KO, Styles were great.

Ambrose falls under the KO,Sami,Seth category, he can go but has been stale at times.

I'd take Wyatt over a lot of the RAW roster.

Strauman and Corbin are debatable depending on what type of monster you want.

If you count Joe (which he's only been on RAW for 2 weeks so...) He's defiently better than most people on SD.

Either way SD roster > RAW roster. SD has better writing which helps their case as well

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
If we get to an individual rank we should just keep AJ out of it since he is the consensus top guy in the company.

If you mean the individual poll then yes, Styles is already slotted into Smackdown's group. If you mean the total poll/grouping, no, it's not fair to Smackdown then to exclude their best in-ring worker.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Rennes vs Brest
    Rennes vs Brest
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $61.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Mainz vs FC Köln
    Mainz vs FC Köln
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $380.00