Slovakia WJC20 Nominations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Golbez

(X-posted on Central Europe Board0

I'm a bit surprised not to see 05 eligible Marek Bartanus of Kosice nominated but we're going to see unproductive Vladimir Kutny instead. Otherwise, Slovakia has strong goaltending (Valent or Halak can do a great job) and a very well-rounded defense.

Goalies: Jaroslav Halák (Lewiston MAINEiacs), Marek Novotný (Dukla Trenčín), Michal Valent (HC Sparta Praha).

Players: Branislav Fábry (HC Slovan Bratislava), Vladimír Dravecký, Tomáš Bulík, Richard Jenčík, Slavomír Bodnár (vÅ¡etci HC KoÅ¡ice), Juraj Gráčik (Tri - City Americans), Ladislav Å čurko (Seattle Thunderbirds), Boris Valábik (Kitchener Rangers), Andrej MeszároÅ¡ (Vancouver Giants), Vladimír Kútny (Val-d´Or Foreurs), Martin Segľa (PHK PreÅ¡ov), Michal Sersen (Rimouski Océanic), Marek Zagrapan, Stanislav LaÅ¡ček (obaja Chicouitimi Les Saguenées), Ivan Baranka (Everett Silvertips), Peter MikuÅ¡, Juraj Líška, Peter Ölvecký, Marek HaÅ¡čák (vÅ¡etci Dukla Trenčín), Andrej Sekera, Å tefan Ružička (Owen Sound Attack), Milan HruÅ¡ka (HC Kimex VTJ Topolčany).

Reserves: Vladimír Kováč (Trenčín), Peter Ordzovenský (SpiÅ¡ská Nová Ves), Igor Baček (Slovan Bratislava), Miroslav Pupák (Nitra), Jaroslav Markovič (Tri-City Storm), Tomáš PetruÅ¡ka (Waterloo Black Hawks).

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Who do you think will end up being the starter? Halak hasn't played all that great lately but I don't know anything about Valent.

Also besides Hruska, what players can be drafted this summer?

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Dont know much about these euro teams..

What kind of role will Zagrapan have on this team? Top 2 lines I hope..

Masterovic

Apr 11, 2004
montreal said:
Who do you think will end up being the starter? Halak hasn't played all that great lately but I don't know anything about Valent.

Halak will be the starter.

SPORTSMANIAC

Nov 15, 2004
Lewiston, Maine
mvn.com
Halak is been playing great. He is keeping the Maineaics above water. His only blunder was against Rimouski when he lost track of the puck and Rimouski got the tying goal. Other than that he doing well.

Reilly311

montreal said:

what country are you from? your flag is cool.

Jacques Plante

Aug 29, 2004
Montreal--Downtown
SPORTSMANIAC said:
Halak is been playing great. He is keeping the Maineaics above water. His only blunder was against Rimouski when he lost track of the puck and Rimouski got the tying goal. Other than that he doing well.

I haven't seen Halak play in any 'Q' action yet, so I'm looking forward to seeing him for the first time over the holiday season.

Who are the big Slovak Snipers?

Golbez

Goalies: Jaroslav Halak is the incumbent #1 and will probably get the nod in nets. He’s a fine prospect, but he’s had a bit of a down year. I’d really like to see Michal Valent get the shot as the #1 goalie. Valent has been ripping a hole in the Czech Junior Extraliga and earned an emergency promotion to the big club (Though he did not play). He’s on the fast track to success.

Defence: I love the top 4! Meszaros is an elite defenseman who is making a lot of GM’s look foolish for passing him over at the draft. If Valabik has cleared his concussion cobwebs, these 2 can form an effective 1-2 punch. Andrej Sekera, Meszaros’ former Trencin teammate, and Ivan Baranka are a great 3-4 pairing and the whole defensive unit is well balanced and packed with skill. Sersen should not see the first pairing if coach Lener's brain is working.

Forwards: The name to watch is MAREK ZAGRAPAN. Zagrapan is a potential top-10 draft pick in 2005 and he’s currently 9th in the QMJHL with 40 points in 29 games. Another interesting name is Stanislav Lascek, the offensive whiz that was passed over entirely in the 2004 draft. I’ve already ranted about Lascek before, and he’s currently 5th in the QMJHL with 45 points in 27 games. Stefan Ruzicka and Ladislav Scurko are the other stars on a fairly impressive forward group. Wild fans will get their first real look at surprise draftee Peter Olvecky, a player who has been somewhat impressive with the senior club.

Overall, this has to be the strongest overall WJC team I’ve seen for Slovakia in quite a few years. Apart from some unproductive wingers (Fabry, Kutny, Gracik), the Slovaks should really be taken as a credible medal threat in this year’s tournament.

clefty

Retrovertigo
Dec 24, 2003
Visit site
Oh yeah, I know he's Canadian born (born in Toronto where his dad played), but for some reason I recall him representing Slovakia at an under-18 tournament at one time.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
You guys are lucky to have centers Stanislav Lascek and Marek Zagrapan on your team. Zagrapan got a shoulder injury wednesday, they said he will recover in 10 days so let's hope he's allright.

IMO your MVP will be Lascek. The guy can do it all - powerplay, penalty-kill, he's always your best player on the ice.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
I hope the MVP will be Halak. I was impressed with him at last years wjc's aside from one bad bounce in the Czech game. Too bad cause that was a major turnaround, in what was a good game to watch.

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
First pairing will be Valabik- Meszaros. I expect Sersen to play in third pairing.
Brian Ihnacak played for Slovakia at U18 World Cup in 2002 (not IIHF tournament). He cannot represent Slovakia, because he did not play any league games here in Slovakia (one of IIHF criteria). Anyway, I think we have some better players than him.

Ego

Mar 15, 2002
Slovakia
Visit site
If he was eligible he would have a chance to reach the spot. Only the bests (Meszaros, Ruzicka, Valabik, Halak, Zagrapan) have a secure spot and Ihnacak wouldn't be the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad