GDT: Slovakia vs Latvia, WJC

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
I think Slovakia takes it.

They ran into a tough test last night but they're still a decent team.
They are but they need to reign their d in.. Constantly stepping up looking for big hits or jumping in the play with no cover. Worst D performances of the tourney so far.

Reactions: Egresch

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
2 and a bit games in and I am very disappointed with Dvorsky. He has looked slow and outmatched. I don't know what's going on. Is he hurt? Or is it just that it's august and he is not yet in shape?

Reactions: Nevins

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
2 and a bit games in and I am very disappointed with Dvorsky. He has looked slow and outmatched. I don't know what's going on. Is he hurt? Or is it just that it's august and he is not yet in shape?
Nothing wrong with Dvorsky on the last PP. He made all the plays while the rest of the unit was standing around doing nothing.

Nevins

Jul 12, 2014
Agreed

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Yeah, that was his best shift in the tournament so far. Right after I called him out...
He needs to be playing with speedy wingers, like Sykora and Petrovsky. Jedlicka is useless, zvolen must have inflated his numbers illegally as he’s been a disaster thus far. And Faith is just to slow and bad IQ for this level.

He still needs to be better himself though for sure. But if you put other 2023 top 5-10 guys besides Bedard and Michkov in the same spot, the results wouldn’t be different.

Reactions: Boss Man Hughes

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Yes but still,don’t see a top 5 prospect for the 2023 draft?
You think a guy like Fantilli, Carlsson, Yager would be playing different in the same spot? Watch Fantilli at this past U18 tournament where he played against his own age group, and he didn’t even dominate there. Bedard and Michkov are on a different level. It’s one single tournament, Mackinnon looked pedestrian as a 17 year old

bossram

Sep 25, 2013
Victoria
I assume you were responding to me. That would have been a valid excuse if he wasn't touted as a top 5 pick in the next draft. I hope there is a good reason for his underwhelming showing so far.
He probably won't be in the top-five.
You think a guy like Fantilli, Carlsson, Yager would be playing different in the same spot? Watch Fantilli at this past U18 tournament where he played against his own age group, and he didn’t even dominate there. Bedard and Michkov are on a different level. It’s one single tournament, Mackinnon looked pedestrian as a 17 year old
Yep. Even a 17-year-old Mackinnon wasn't impressive. And he had some better players around him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad