GDT: Slovakia vs Finland

Elias40

Jan 3, 2020
Slovakia is probably the only team that can have several first round picks and still look like a joke
Slovakia is generally interesting to watch, I mean the fans. If they succeed a little, suddenly for many people the Slovak team is at the level of Sweden, Finland or the Czechs, but often in their case it is three or four players who would also play in the Swedish or Finnish team. But the rest of the players have no quality, they are only members of the team and will fill spots on the roster.

I read some comments from Slovakia after yesterday's bad game. They say that the Finnish team is more than playable, that they haven't seen such a bad Finnish team at the WJC for a long time and similar nonsense. And we're forty minutes into the game and Finland are safely in control with a 4-1 lead. As if Slovak fans could never have a realistic view of the quality of their team... and unfortunately, some journalists still support this view.

Reactions: czechcanadian

TheFinnishTrap

Apr 10, 2012
Really haven't liked Heimosalmi

Lampinen was really good against Canada and good again today, so calm in net. My pick for starting goalie.

Sorry for jinxing him

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
The Slovaks were pushing. That goal was an absolute back breaker. Brutal goal to give up

Slovak goalies have not been good today

Still time though
Slovakia has been absolutely terrible. They have 2 good individuals and Finnish sloppy errors are the reason why there's only 3 goal difference

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Lol man breathe. Someone said that Finland dominated EARLY. Which they did. Then Slovakia came back. I have no idea why that’s breaking your brain. You’re agreeing with others that say it ended up being an even period. No one was saying Finland dominated the whole period, only early.
There were others writing that buddy. Not everything circles around you.
Go back and read again.

Read the first pages, like literally the majority in here thought that the first period were even and Karhukissa wrote that Finland dominated.

You literally jumped in from nowhere, were wrong, got hurt and just wanted to keep on writing complete nonsense? Good for you.

Last edited:

Svedu

Apr 23, 2019
Don't bother, that guy's doing nothing but complaining every year in every tournament thread.
Just like you then? You always complain about someone in here. Classic,to read that comment coming from you. Living rent free in your head, how sore? Beacuse of what? Beacuse someone disagrees with you? You always try to get others bullying someone with you. Weak, zero integrity. You always do that against others.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
I do love that the Slovak's are playing and going for it vs a soccer style counter punch. I think it bodes well for the rest of the tourney.

Goaltending was a big difference today. Hopefully Kemell and Lambert get more looks in future games... I personally like them both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad