GDT: Slovakia - Switzerland 19 20 (CET)

jcbio11

Aug 17, 2008
Bratislava
Should be a great game.

Cehlarik is going to miss this game for team Slovakia, hopefully back in the lineup for the rest of the group games.

Samuel Hlavaj back in the net after the excellent performance vs Canada.

Goalies and defense playing great for team Slovakia this tourney, forwards have some catching up to do, let's hope they fire up the offense and ruin the Swiss shutout streak.

Team Switzerland with some NHL firepower, can't wait for the game.

Discuss.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
First look at Swtizerland seems to be everyone is thinking they are the favourites now so anxious to get a look at them against a decent slovak team. Do their big adds justify their standing among fans here? today will provide us some details.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
50-50 game, Switzerland won the last few games vs. SVK, but that doesn't make them big favorites. Last year was pretty close, the year before covid SVK had a very bad day and every Swiss shot went in.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Game of the day! Lots on the line. I really like this Swiss team and think they could get a gold. Curious how it goes for them. I like how the Slovak teams battle and play a nice hockey.

A few days ago they were the most penalized team so they do need to keep it in check.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Switzerland and Sweden are my favorites for gold medal, Switzerland has strongest possible roster without Meier which is nearly on par with what can Czechs possibly build and Genoni is total beast of a goalie!

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Switzerland and Sweden are my favorites for gold medal, Switzerland has strongest possible roster without Meier which is nearly on par with what can Czechs possibly build and Genoni is total beast of a goalie!
Switzerland is also missing quite a few notable players like Andrighetto, Hofmann, Red Wing Pius Suter, Blackhawk Kurashev, Lian Bichsel, Tristan Scherwey, Mirco Müller, etc. due to injury or other reasons.

jonas2244

Jan 4, 2010
Lineups:

Switzerland with Mayer in goal and 8D+12F. Riat and Senteler not dressed. Moser with Glauser as expected.

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
Honestly I don't think any teams have shown enough yet to be favourites.

If the swiss dominate today I suppose you could say they are yet they looked pretty damn good with a good lineup last year in the round robin and flamed out.

This tournament is pretty wide open this year..

Reactions: Czechboy

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Switzerland is also missing quite a few notable players like Andrighetto, Hofmann, Red Wing Pius Suter, Blackhawk Kurashev, Lian Bichsel, Tristan Scherwey, Mirco Müller, etc. due to injury or other reasons.
of all those guys only papa pope Pius Suter, Hofmann and in lesser way Andrighetto Gospel are worth of some mention.

torero

Oct 5, 2007
West Sussex
www.scb.ch
Go Go Go Switzerland Go Go Go

SUI 4 - 0 SVK ... the 2 last empty netters. Hischier 2 assists and Fiala 1 goal

To my Slovak friends ... don't feel offensed because of the 0 in my prediction ... it is just cosmetik so that we beat our record of the number of shutout in a row.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Love the Swiss team on paper, Slovaks also playing very good. Its gonna be a grea match.

But from Czech perspective I wish Swiss to win for 3points, so Slovaks cant get in front of us if we dont manage to get any points from those tough games at the end.

Reactions: cris10

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
Love the Swiss team on paper, Slovaks also playing very good. Its gonna be a grea match.

But from Czech perspective I wish Swiss to win for 3points, so Slovaks cant get in front of us if we dont manage to get any points from those tough games at the end.
The Slovak win looms large for us! But, the crossover could be a nightmare even if we finish first... Germans and Swedes got stronger. US is a stylistic pain in our ass and Finland is, well, Finland. Even crazier that Germany may not make the quarters.

I feel confident in saying our quarter will be a 1 goal game.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
The Slovak win looms large for us! But, the crossover could be a nightmare even if we finish first... Germans and Swedes got stronger. US is a stylistic pain in our ass and Finland is, well, Finland. Even crazier that Germany may not make the quarters.

I feel confident in saying our quarter will be a 1 goal game.
I meant it more from a point, that we actually need it to get into the QF :D

Cause get this:
Slovaks get a point today and then have three easy games and end up with 14 points

Latvia beats Kazakhstan and Slovenia and take two points from Swiss and ends up with 13 points, but have a better h2h with us

We dont get any point from the games with Swiss and Canada and have 13

That leaves us on 5th place lol and bye bye qf.

I know its a lot of ifs, but can very well happen. So better to Swiss either beat Slovaks or Latvia for three points, so we dont have to worry about this and can go to the last two games without knowing, that we have to score some points.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad