WC: Slovakia at the 2010 World Championship

Status
Not open for further replies.

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Goalkeepers: Peter Budaj (Colorado Avalanche/NHL), Rastislav Staňa (Severstaľ Čerepovec/KHL).

Defenders: Dominik Graňák (Rögle BK/Å véd.), Tomáš Starosta (Neftechimik Nižnekamsk/KHL), Richard Lintner (Dinamo Minsk/KHL), Vladimír Mihálik (Norfolk Admirals/AHL), Ivan Majeský (Skelleftea/Å véd.), Andrej Sekera (Buffalo Sabres/NHL).

Forwards: Marek Zagrapan (Severstaľ Čerepovec/KHL), Miroslav Zálešák (HK 36 Skalica), Ivan Čiernik (Kolín Haie/Nem.), Tomáš Bulík (HC 05 Banská Bystrica), Tomáš Tatar (Grand Rapids Griffins/AHL), Richard Pánik (Norfolk Admirals/AHL), Andrej Podkonický, Milan Bartovič (obaja HC Bílí Tigři Liberec/ČR), Michal Macho (BK Mladá Boleslav/ČR), Stanislav Gron, Vladimír Dravecký (obaja HC KoÅ¡ice), Marek SvatoÅ¡ (Colorado Avalanche/NHL), Roman Kukumberg (Ak Bars Kazaň/KHL).

Fruhauf and Hamerlik out for the first part of the championship.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
I had a hopes that Peter Hraško could make it to Germany, after being our best defender on WJC and hitting everything that moved his direction.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Too bad Arne is not 28 years old and is not here:yo:

Haha, well, 20 would be even better. :laugh:

Training of the slovak NT: probable lines:
Defenders:
Lintner, Sekera - Majeský, Graňák - Starosta, Mihálik - Frühauf
Forwards:
Bartovič, Podkonický, Kukumberg – SvatoÅ¡, Zagrapan, Čiernik – Pánik, Macho, Zálešák – Dravecký, Bulík, Gron - Tatar

Source:
http://www.hokejportal.sk/?q=clanok/co-prinesie-slovensku-kolinsky-dazd/27169

Hmm, Pravda has it like this: Budaj (Staňa) - Lintner, Graňák, Sekera, Ivan Majeský, Mihálik, Starosta - Bartovič, Kukumberg, Podkonický - SvatoÅ¡, Zagrapan, Čiernik - Dravecký, Bulík, S. Gron - M. Macho, Pánik, Zálešák - Tatar

Fruhauf, can´t be there since he isn´t o the roster IMO.

Budaj was expected, deffense couldn´t have been much different, but I don´t like the idea of Čiernik on our top 6 at all and even worse is the idea of breaking up Zagrapan and Pánik. Tell me again why would you want to break up the two players that clicked the best in the preparation games? And I would much rather see Zálešák as the 13th forward.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Anyone have any other photos of Budajs mask? I assume it's the same one he wore for the Olympics but we know it didn't get much ice time. ;)

96879320.jpg

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
Boys left their heart there on the ice tonight. Keep it up!! :handclap::yo:

Harv, I think you could find some between IIHF photos from the SVK-RUS game...

EDIT: One team, one country, one goal- TO WIN!!!

Last edited:

Krotak

is the Legend
May 7, 2010
Slovakia
Great game and great performance by young slovak team. :handclap:
I almost can not believe some parts of third period.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
sooo they gonna add halak or what?

I doubt it, Halak seen so much rubber these days that he must be tired to death.

PIT-MON is not over yet, though it might be after today.

While I agree with you kajoo, jaro has as long as I remember never denied an invitation to the NT, I don´t know about any injuries he has right now (of course there will be some minor) and it seems like we are saving up a goaltender spot. We´ll see.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
PIT-MON is not over yet, though it might be after today.

While I agree with you kajoo, jaro has as long as I remember never denied an invitation to the NT, I don´t know about any injuries he has right now (of course there will be some minor) and it seems like we are saving up a goaltender spot. We´ll see.

Jaro played 60+ games this season he deserves a rest when his PO´s adventure ends and I hope it doesn´t end tomorrow.

kajoo

Jan 17, 2003
Slovakia
Visit site
Just wait two months and you will have to listen to this:

Still not liking "Nech Bože dá", ehm?

neither one is good, too complicated lyrics imo. Any footie/hockey anthem should be kept as simple as possible.

This one I´ve made for FKM Spartak Tlmače, I don´t say it´s beter or anything, but definitely not bad for a small town of 4300 souls. Heck I even had to sing because noone wanted to :laugh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PyMrExOmGXA

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
With USA being knocked out today and assuming a Slovak victory over Kazakhstan [though nothing should be assumed these days], Slovakia has a reasonable chance at making the quarterfinals. They would be in a group with Russia, Belarus, Finland, Denmark, and Germany. It is not out of the question that they could finish in the top four of that group. Denmark is not more talented than Belarus.

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
With USA being knocked out today and assuming a Slovak victory over Kazakhstan [though nothing should be assumed these days], Slovakia has a reasonable chance at making the quarterfinals. They would be in a group with Russia, Belarus, Finland, Denmark, and Germany. It is not out of the question that they could finish in the top four of that group. Denmark is not more talented than Belarus.

We´ve alreday played Germany prior to the WHC and both teams haven´t changed much players since then. Also Finland has struggled with us at the last two WHC, in 2008 we were milimeters away from tying them and in 2009 the game finished with a regular time tie, so with the lack of scoring effetivity from the Finns, we coul at least get a point from them. I think that Denmark has more individual talent than BLR. I believe that this team can challenge all of the teams that we could meet in the qualifying round.

However it is too soon for this and wee need to concentrate on Kazakhstan right now and play good hockey from 1st to 60th minute for once.

:handclap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad