U18: Slovakia 2024 Roster

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Thread dedicated to Slovakia U18 roster talk for the upcoming 2024 IIHF U18 World Championship (25 April to 5 May 2024)

Slovakia Group:

PosTeamPldWOTWOTLLGFGAGDPtsQualification
23px-Flag_of_the_United_States.svg.png
United States
23px-Flag_of_Slovakia.svg.png
Slovakia
23px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png
Finland (H)
23px-Flag_of_Latvia.svg.png
Latvia
21px-Flag_of_Norway.svg.png
Norway

1. What is your tournament placement prediction?
  2. Who do you want to see on the roster?
  3. How many 2007 born players will make the roster?

Reactions: Antiillafire

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
My team:

Chovan - Pobezal - Tomik
Svrcek - Pitka - Chrenko
Straka - Satan - Maruna
Liscinsky - Prokopovic - Nemec

Radivojevic - Fabus
Huzevka - Belusko
Slank - Kupec

Goalies TBD

Too bad. Should he be ready for 2024 Hlinka or World Juniors in December?
Hlinka, yes. I think he needs to play 2 maybe 3 seasons in Slovakia before IIHF will allow him. Not certain though. Dumb rule but it is what it is. There is also the Polish D-man who is trying to get Slovak citizenship so he might be an option.

Czechboy

Easy schedules rule!
Apr 15, 2018
My team:

Chovan - Pobezal - Tomik
Svrcek - Pitka - Chrenko
Straka - Satan - Maruna
Liscinsky - Prokopovic - Nemec

Radivojevic - Fabus
Huzevka - Belusko
Slank - Kupec

Goalies TBD

Hlinka, yes. I think he needs to play 2 maybe 3 seasons in Slovakia before IIHF will allow him. Not certain though. Dumb rule but it is what it is. There is also the Polish D-man who is trying to get Slovak citizenship so he might be an option.
It's 2 years... I've actually been thinking about this rule and it is skewed against Czech and Slovaks. No junior would leave the CHL to go to the extraliaga as a path to the NHL. But lots of Czechs/Slovaks would leave for two years to play in CHL to try and make NHL. So this means every dual citizen player will always be allowed to play for Canada or US (USHL to NCAA) but none of them can play for us. Eg. Xhekaj, bonk and even Ludvig.

vlady

May 22, 2009
Bratislava
www.powerplay.studio
Possibility of relegation looms large for this group. We need to find a goalie who can actually stop some pucks. 2007's will have to step up a year ahead of time if they don't wanna play Div 1A next year.

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023

Players still playing playoff:

Nitra (Lenďák, Šlank, A. Nemec, Chrenko, Pobežal, Hazala)
Trenčín (Rafaj, Kupec, Tomík)
Žilina (Lašš, Húževka)
Örebro (Radivojevič)

+ North America?

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
First match today against Poland
14:00 CET

Update: Slovakia won 1:0

Last edited:

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
I don't like how they keep placing Satan. Jr on the top line with the best players.

He doesn't have the offensive qualities to drive the play with the best players on the team.

He is useful if he plays on the 3-4rd line and PKs.

Hopefully players like Svrcek, Pobezal, Chrenko, Tomik and Nemec join the team and take his spot in the top 6.

Reactions: Czechboy

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
Dravecky play is very inconsistent sometimes but cutting him based on 1-2 games? When we have other defensemen on the roster who can barely play hockey?

I guess there just wasn't a place for another RD defensemen and we already have Radivojevic for the PP in that case it makes sense.

About Theo Kiss I have no idea judging someone based on 1-2 games is hard especially when everyone played bad.

And this is why I hate friendly games against Poland and Japan. It's really hard to get a sense of how good or bad is this team.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Dravecky play is very inconsistent sometimes but cutting him based on 1-2 games? When we have other defensemen on the roster who can barely play hockey?

I guess there just wasn't a place for another RD defensemen and we already have Radivojevic for the PP in that case it makes sense.

About Theo Kiss I have no idea judging someone based on 1-2 games is hard especially when everyone played bad.

And this is why I hate friendly games against Poland and Japan. It's really hard to get a sense of how good or bad is this team.
Zubek will take PP2 duties I’m assuming like we saw in the Poland games. I get the Kiss cut, small perimeter player who doesn’t score much at higher levels. Coach probably rather have hard working guys who can fill a role in bottom 6.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Dravecký not making final roster is weird and doesnt make sense..
but i am looking for that offense though, lots of talent there, Zubek making the team also is very good news, another potential first rounder aside Radivojevič for that 2025 draft.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ad

Upcoming events

• Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Cádiz vs Mallorca
    Wagers: 3