WC: Slovakia 2024 roster talk.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
What about Slaf? Is he going or not? No information about him for a while, it´s starting to be suspicious.
he should come on monday, he also have minor injury that hes treating in Canada rn.

but he is ready for tournament, if not there would already be some update.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
Okuliar surprised me a little, but we have enough depth and quality this year to be comfortable with that decision.

with good coaching this team can achieve something, QF should be no brainer.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Also bit funny that you cut Okuliar, I guess that getting an NHL contract is viewed as a downside in Czech Rep. and Slovakia lol

Still you have a nice team. Much more interesting and objectively better than that bs Rulik came out with.

Will cheer for you guys this year, hope you make the semis.

Not even point for watching czechs this year. Only masochists will do lol

Reactions: stastny12

Takurcitee

Apr 22, 2022
Also bit funny that you cut Okuliar, I guess that getting an NHL contract is viewed as a downside in Czech Rep. and Slovakia lol

Still you have a nice team. Much more interesting and objectively better than that bs Rulik came out with.

Will cheer for you guys this year, hope you make the semis.

Not even point for watching czechs this year. Only masochists will do lol
Well he would have been in 4th line anyway plus he takes lot of penalties

Also he was pretty average last 2 games

Namejs

Dec 24, 2011
Oslo
Genius Namejs will tell you we are on Latvia level though.
It always strikes me as extremely weird that Slovak posters are physically unable to get rid of their homer bias. There's a fair share of them among all the fan bases, but the Slovak posters on these boards just don't seem very self-aware.

If you would actually read the boards, you would notice my input here earlier.

RKBoy

Feb 23, 2024
It always strikes me as extremely weird that Slovak posters are physically unable to get rid of their homer bias. There's a fair share of them among all the fan bases, but the Slovak posters on these boards just don't seem very self-aware.

theres nothing biased about saying Slovakia and Latvia are not on the same level, thats just your own delusion.

we Slovaks are now more excited about future because just 10 years ago it looked very bleak with our hockey, which can lead into bias in certain things and overrating our expectations for tournaments.

but theres nothing that can persuasive me about us not being above Latvia in general roster strenght, depth, quality/quantity of prospects, quality of our league etc.. one Bronze really dont change anything, for you or even us (olympics) its all those thing above i mentioned and consisntecy of performances on senior and junior levels.

but whatever you want to believe is fine, i have no problem with that.

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden

Well im Swedish and i dont agree with you. Slovakia is definitely 1-2 steps ahead of Latvia.

martygod12

Oct 27, 2019
Anywhere to watch a stream of SVK - USA? Onhockey doesnt work for me for some reason

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I wrote that post about Hlavaj failing upwards his entire life and he continues to do so. Not only does he get signed by the Wild after having barely above .900 season is he supposed to be the starter of the Slovak NT now too? How does this guy keep getting the opportunities that he's getting?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad