Slovakia: Slovak youth hockey thread (NT´s, home leagues, CHL, the draft etc.) part II

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
There have to be more. I mean, young guys, that played in Orange 20 team, what can they do? Their mother teams are full of seniors from Czech, USA and Canada. There simply isnt room for Kostelny, Kelemen, Cacho, Fereta ...

slovakiasnextone

Jul 7, 2008
Slovakia
It looks like Hrehorcak is trying to prove that he should have been on the WJC team. Pospisil has also started collecting points in addition to penalty minutes in the USHL lately.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
It looks like Hrehorcak is trying to prove that he should have been on the WJC team. Pospisil has also started collecting points in addition to penalty minutes in the USHL lately.

Im very curious about Pospisil. He seems to be one little pest on the field. But with hockey skills. He seemes to be more focused to his fighting skills, as he should.
In the last USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, there were some tests. And Pospisil was the 3. most skilled guy, if we could say it so. Here the results.
Maybe he could attract some interest from NHL teams. They could transform him to good and useful player.

kabidjan18

Apr 20, 2015
authockeytxreports.wordpress.com
Im very curious about Pospisil. He seems to be one little pest on the field. But with hockey skills. He seemes to be more focused to his fighting skills, as he should.
In the last USHL/NHL Top Prospects Game, there were some tests. And Pospisil was the 3. most skilled guy, if we could say it so. Here the results.
Maybe he could attract some interest from NHL teams. They could transform him to good and useful player.
He could legitimately be very good. He's got incredible athletic skills and intangibles. Problem is that last season he was with Red Bull and they don't play prospects up. So other than 6 tournament games in the Finnish U20 the highest club level he ever played was the Czech U18. You can get away with a lot of bad habits there, like skating in circles playing keep-away from small defenders. No real pressure to make quick decisions. He wasn't ready when he first got to the league. But he's an incredible athlete, super fast, super strong, great hands, great vision, can do just about anything. As he continues to adjust to the league his stats should improve. He may not make up enough ground by the end of the season to be a prime draft candidate, but teams need to look at him if only for his raw skillset and athleticism.

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Another big night for Hrehorcak as he has a 5 point game. He scored 2 and added 3 assists. He has been one of the best forwards in the qmjhl since start of the new year.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Another big night for Hrehorcak as he has a 5 point game. He scored 2 and added 3 assists. He has been one of the best forwards in the qmjhl since start of the new year.
Actually, the streak began in december. From the date he know, he wasn't going to WJC. Ok not exactly from the date, but when you look to his game logs, from 2.12.2017 he had 19 points (11 + 8) in 12 games. Just imagine, if he could hold it all season.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
I went to watch Adam Ruzicka play at Oshawa, and he was flying. It was the first time I saw him since I was in Buffalo for the World Juniors. Anyhow, he is "feeling it" right now, 1+1 again tonight, 7+3 in his last four games. Sarnia traded for Michael Pezzetta, and put him on a line with Jordan Kyrou and Adam Ruzicka, they are super hot fire.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Patrik Hrehorcak was 0+2 in les Huskies de Rouyn-Noranda's 10-1 win over les Foreurs de Val-D'Or. What is interesting is that Patrik's team broke a 20 year team record with most shots in a game. Three times les Huskies de Rouyn-Noranda have had 62 shot games, most recently in 2005-06. Today they had an amazing 63 shots. Leading the team in shots? Patrik Hrehorcak with 10!

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Roman still injured, any one have any updates? I know it’s lower body but I wonder if ts long term. Hope he can return soon. Durny has had a very strong start in the ushl which is good. Cacho not so much. Fafrak and fasko Rudas have been disappointing to say the least with the latter buried on 4th line. Bodak on the other hand has been producing very well in past several games. Upwards of 4 potential players drafted: Roman, fehervary, liska and potentially pospisil ?

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
Since beginning of January pospisil has been playing very well. Putting up good numbers. And fasko rudas scored last night

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
EDIT: Also thanks guys I didn't realize Tomek had gotten hurt at one point. I thought it was just the new UND coach that hated him. Would really like to see him turn it up in the USHL this year though. If he manages to get to a .910-.920 range he would likely be able to find a less deep college team to continue his career if he wanted to finish his college degree. But for his career it might be time to head back to Europe, at least for 3-5 years as the NA minor leagues are incredibly tough to go through for non-NHL contracted players unless Philly decides to give him a contract.

Looks like Tomek is going to back to college next year. Still sporting a .902 but is still splitting games in USHL despite the other goalie having a .923 so USHL coaches must be ok with his game. Committed to U of Nebraska-Omaha. Nebraska-Omaha appears to be returning 3 goalies already for next year, but the starter posted a sub .900 save percentage this year and the backups were at atrocious .867 and .830. So possibility for him to get some games in, perhaps even take over a starter role.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
Looks like Tomek is going to back to college next year. Still sporting a .902 but is still splitting games in USHL despite the other goalie having a .923 so USHL coaches must be ok with his game. Committed to U of Nebraska-Omaha. Nebraska-Omaha appears to be returning 3 goalies already for next year, but the starter posted a sub .900 save percentage this year and the backups were at atrocious .867 and .830. So possibility for him to get some games in, perhaps even take over a starter role.

Hope it will be better. Anyway, next season there would many surprisingly many Slovak players in NCAA. Dont know the number exactly, but 10 is possible.

caslava

Dec 1, 2017
Slovakia
What does u18 team look like this year to you guys? Imo looks pretty weak. Knazko should be on team even as a 2002.

Kamzik

Dec 18, 2008
Scary. I wouldnt be surprised, if they were relegated.

It would appear that they were underrated. That 2001 kid playing for Malmo is fire. I have him at 3 goals and 8 assists, but the IIHF says 3 goals and 7 assists. Whatever, he leads the tournament in points. Also the youngest player in the tournament, 2002 defenseman Samuel Knazko has 2 goals and 1 assist. I think like Erik Cernak, he could play 3 years of the World Juniors U20. Oliver Okuliar leads the tournament with 4 goals.

alko

Oct 20, 2004
Slovakia
www.slovakhockey.sk
It would appear that they were underrated. That 2001 kid playing for Malmo is fire. I have him at 3 goals and 8 assists, but the IIHF says 3 goals and 7 assists. Whatever, he leads the tournament in points. Also the youngest player in the tournament, 2002 defenseman Samuel Knazko has 2 goals and 1 assist. I think like Erik Cernak, he could play 3 years of the World Juniors U20. Oliver Okuliar leads the tournament with 4 goals.

They are hot. But how many of us would say it before the tournament?

Elvs

Jul 3, 2006
Sweden
No chance for Martin Bodak? He was passed on before so he's a year older than most, but was the leading scorer among defensemen for Kootenay Ice this season. I've really liked his game in the last couple of WHJC's.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad