Sleeper/Breakout Picks

Joedaman55

Jun 7, 2014
Anchorage, AK
Vrbata and Tarasenko off the top of my head.

Whoever ends up playing the left side on Tavares' line and Stamkos' line (probably Druoin).

I really like Scheifele in Winnipeg and Kreider with the Rangers this year.

Haven't done a draft yet so I'm not sure on where people are going. Also, RNH and Josi seem to be going really late from what I heard.

Evolu7ion

#firelindenning
Sep 20, 2010
Victoria, BC
Players who haven't really had a big season yet, but who show strong promise to do so this season:

Kuznetsov
Seth Jones
Barkov
Huberdeau
Morgan Rielly
Yakupov
RNH
Toffoli
Gaudreau
John Gibson
Nichushkin
Scheifle
Gostisbehere
Cory Schneider
Hertl
Tarasenko
Galchenyuk
Monohan
Max Domi
Hodgson
Jenner
Elias Lindholm
Saad
Cam Fowler
John Carlson
Michael Granlund
Charlie Coyle

Last edited:

McHortton

Accidental Tank 2016
Jun 28, 2013
Vancouver
Vrbata (playing with the sedins). Vey's been looking good but he won't get a ton of points so he would be a really late pick.

Brad Richards centering chicagos 2nd line will get a lot of points for sure.

Palat + Johnson from TB seem to go pretty late for some reason , I see them getting just as many points as they did last year or more.

Galchenyuks due for a breakout year.

Hedman , another TB guy who for some reason seems to go later then he should got over 50 points last year which is fantastic for defenseman and will only get better.

Giordano , only played 64 games and still manage to get 47 points.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Patrick Maroon is playing with Kesler probably. Deep sleeper pick but he picks up 100 PIMs + 100 hits and has point-producing pedigree and plays on a good team. Take a look.

Parliament

Jul 15, 2014
- Patrick Maroon (Ducks, LW, projected 2nd line with Kesler --> PIM's, HIT's and points)
- Alex Tanguay (Av's, LW/RW, projected to play in top 6, did pretty well in his short season last year)
- Zack Kassian (Canucks, LW, projected to get top 6 minutes, underrated point producer, lots of hits/pims)
- Mikhail Grabovski (Islanders, C/RW, projected top 6, good value here...)

All these guys would be decent supporting cast, and should go undrafted/later rounds.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad