Injury Report: Slavin in COVID protocol

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
As long as he stays healthy and it's not a sign of a big team outbreak coming soon, I'm not really worried about missing him for a few games.

Reactions: DaveG

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
I was looking forward to a game tonight and was disappointed that the game was postponed. I guess its good that it was as it means one less game without Slavin. Every team has faced Covid adversity with many stars having to go into protocol. We now will have 4 games in the next 10 days but i had heard that the league was going to 5 day quarantines. With the Jackets and Canucks games fitting into a 5 day I like our odds. If its 10 days then the Bruins and Rangers might be dicey.

Svechhammer

THIS is hockey?
Jun 8, 2017
I mean we aren't slammed with games right now which is good. And hell, if they're all gonna contract it, might as well do it soon so we can potentially ignore implications during the stretch run/playoffs

larueskee

Player/Member USA Hockey or affilates 1972-2006
Mar 15, 2017
Seattle, WA
Mods need to remove this post, I refuse to believe that player is on the Canes
While I enjoyed your post ( it was funny ), Smith hasn't been as bad as other 7th d men around the league. He has done a pretty good job filling in as everyone on the blue line has. The Canes have given up the fewest goals per game of any NHL team and Smith has been a part of that.

Navin R Slavin

Fifth line center
Jan 1, 2011
Durrm NC
While I enjoyed your post ( it was funny ), Smith hasn't been as bad as other 7th d men around the league. He has done a pretty good job filling in as everyone on the blue line has. The Canes have given up the fewest goals per game of any NHL team and Smith has been a part of that.

"A part" is doing a lot of work in that sentence. The appendix is "a part" of the human body.

I'd rather see Chatfield.

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020

You're right that there are worse 7D out there but I don't agree that he's done a good job or contributed to our league leading defense. He started out okay but in his last several games he's been absolutely terrible and easily the worst player on the ice... As previously mentioned, I think Chatfield and even LaJoie have played better than him. Slavin to Smith is about as big of a drop off as an NHL team can have due to a player being out.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Turbo hasn’t gotten omicron yet. He likely had delta last year which means he probably won’t get really sick, but could still test positive.

Going off of memory, I "think: we've seen:

Fast
Bear
Pesce + ADA
Aho, Jarvis, Svech, Staal, Lorentz, Cole
Andersen
Slavin

Anyone else I'm missing? If I'm not missing anyone, that leaves Trocheck, Nino, Necas, TT, Stepan, Martinook, Smith, Raanta, Lyon, Kotkaniemi, Skjei,

Reactions: DaveG and MinJaBen

Stickpucker

Playmaka
Jan 18, 2014
You're right that there are worse 7D out there but I don't agree that he's done a good job or contributed to our league leading defense. He started out okay but in his last several games he's been absolutely terrible and easily the worst player on the ice... As previously mentioned, I think Chatfield and even LaJoie have played better than him. Slavin to Smith is about as big of a drop off as an NHL team can have due to a player being out.

Hey now, at least he hasn't passed the puck directly to a wide open opposing player in the slot like our captain.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad