Slava Trukhno

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chuckalinsky

May 1, 2004
I haven't heard of this guy until I read X-sharkie's mock draft. Any information about him would be appreciated. (Upside, size, type of player, team, etc). How come nobody is talking about him?

Form and Substance

Jun 11, 2004
Probably his biggest knock is his reluctance to use his teammates and to pass. I've seen instances where he just won't get rid of the puck. Other than that a fine prospect.

fredez

Apr 8, 2003
Visit site
I can't really make a good analysis about him since I only saw him once (Orr vs Cherry) but I can tell you that for the most part of this game he was invisible (first two periods) and then at the end of the third he unleashed some great dekes to fake off two players one after another and it almost led to a goal. Nice set of hands on this kid.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
Too bad he won't get to play for Denmark (he wanted to but couldn't get citizenship in time) because with the prospects they have been producing lately he might have been what they needed to take the team to the next level.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Slava is 6'1" 195lbs,an above average skater and stickhandler.I' d agree with the
poster that said he could pass more at times but overall he's pretty good and
compared to some other first year Russians in the Q he has adjusted well to the N.A. game and is pretty good defensively for a European.I've talked to him
and he speaks good English and he seems to have a very good attitude.

I hope that is of some help to you.

Tb0ne

Nov 29, 2004
Victoria
He plays for PIE's QMJHL team.

I don't know if you should consider him Russian in his training though PEI fan, aparantly he's lived most of his life in Denmark and played most if not all of his hockey except there. Except this year of course.

Aparantly he even wanted to play for Denmark at the U-18's but couldn't get citizenship in time so is playing for Russia instead.

pei fan

Jan 3, 2004
Chuckalinsky said:
Thanks...does anybody know what team he suits up for in the Q?
PEI Rocket,so I've got to see him play Quite alot.The website
address for the Q is www.lhjmq.qc.ca. The website address for the PEI Rocket
is peirocket.com.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
Chuckalinsky said:
I haven't heard of this guy until I read X-sharkie's mock draft. Any information about him would be appreciated. (Upside, size, type of player, team, etc). How come nobody is talking about him?

If you followed the 04 crop, Trukhno is comparable to Korpikoski. I like the finn a tad better, but both are stickhandling wiz. If Trukhno learns to play a better team game he will be a amazing player, but he needs to do that because he is a puck hog.

Guillaume

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Just a quick note: He was selected on the preliminary Russian roster for the U18 WJC (I posted the whole roster on the Russian board). He could really bring something to the Russian team. His father is a Russian hockey player who played in Denmark I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad