Slafkovsky + Dach vs Wright + Romanov

• Slafkovsky and Dach

Votes: 65 61.9%
  • Wright and Romanov

Votes: 40 38.1%

• Total voters

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I really think that Kent Hughes made some magic on draft day.

Habs management pick Slafkovsky and trade for a C with top 6 potential.

So... they pass on Wright and they trade Romanov to acquire the pick in exchange for Dach.

So what duo you rather have for the future?

Prairie Habs

Oct 3, 2010
Wright would have been my pick at #1, but I think the potential of dach more than makes up the difference over Romanov (who is still a very solid player). I'm happy with the pair we ended up with.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Wright and Slafkovsky are a wash to me. I think it will come down to whether or not Wright can up his compete level.

I actually prefer Romanov to Dach, but prefer middle 6 centers to middle pairing defenseman.

I give the slight edge to the Montreal duo because I think there is more bust risk with Wright.

Tufted Titmouse

13 Cups.
Apr 5, 2022
Dach is just such a massive wild card. It feels almost impossible to gauge this. Hughes seems very smart, though, so it's hard betting against him.

Romanov was always a little overrated, so I like taking the risk.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Wright and Romanov are definitely going to be at minimum a top six centre and a top four D.
Slafkovsky and Dach might be a top line winger and a top six centre.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Dach's offense means he is going to end up more middle 6 than top 6. That has less value than a top 4D. Wright and Slafkovsky is probably a coin flip.

That all being said, I think the Habs did annoyingly well last week as a Boston fan.

Reactions: Tufted Titmouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad