Recalled/Assigned: Skille recalled

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
http://bluejackets.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=713200

The Columbus Blue Jackets have recalled forward Jack Skille from the American Hockey League’s Springfield Falcons, club General Manager Jarmo Kekalainen announced today.

Skille, 26, has scored 13 goals and dished out 11 assists for 24 points in 22 games with Springfield this season. He has also tallied 4-0-4 and registered a +2 plus/minus rating in 12 appearances with Columbus.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Hopefully he's up for more than just a precautionary move. I'd take him, in the lineup, over about 3 or 4 guys. Also, I don't really want RJ injured.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
I was hoping he would replace Frattin. But it sounds like RJ instead. Please put Skille on the line with Joey.

major major

Feb 18, 2013
I'd be fine putting Skille anywhere as long as he gets some minutes. I think he'd play well on Joey's wing, but Letestu just put up a two-pointer, so I understand if a different line would fit better.

Heinze 57

Jan 3, 2009
Cincinnati, Oh
It sucks he had that injury in Springfield because I don't think he's gotten a fair shake this season with the big club.

I've been a fan of his all season and at this time we need a guy who is fresh, who can score and play with some confidence and edge.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Coming off a 4 g 1A game, I think he comes in flying. Even when he wasnt scoring, he was drawing penalties with his speed and driving hard to the net.

The Press Express

Sep 16, 2012
@PressDontStress
459768169.jpg

Gotta love Skille, he's gotta nasty little snapshot

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
RJ is out a couple weeks according to AP. That means Skille is here to stay and the CBJ now have 3 of top 9 forwards out of lineup.

Personally, I would like to see Skille and Tropp back in the lineup with Frattin stapled to the bench on the 4th floor (Press Box).

Kev22

Feb 19, 2003
Plain City, OH
Visit site
RJ is out a couple weeks according to AP. That means Skille is here to stay and the CBJ now have 3 of top 9 forwards out of lineup.

Personally, I would like to see Skille and Tropp back in the lineup with Frattin stapled to the bench on the 4th floor (Press Box).

Addition by subtraction?

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005

I've never been all that impressed with Tropp and I think Frattin is getting a lot of abuse for his time in another organization. Kind of hard to judge the kid based on a couple of games. For the most part, I thought he was ok against the Islanders. Certainly a lot better than what that fan base has to say about him. You can't want to bench him because of how Richards ends up playing him.

For a while Tropp was getting some of the "energy line" effect. 2/3'rds of that line is pretty good; especially for a 4th line. He's ok, but I haven't seen anything from him where I feel compelled to keep him.

I was just telling someone that I would like to see Frattin and Tropp duke it out next season for a roster spot. The loser ends up on waivers.

What I'm more concerned about is Richards figuring out a way not to play Skille. Richards is good at confusing lineup decisions.

Xoggz22

Mar 4, 2002
Columbus, Ohio
I've never been all that impressed with Tropp and I think Frattin is getting a lot of abuse for his time in another organization. Kind of hard to judge the kid based on a couple of games. For the most part, I thought he was ok against the Islanders. Certainly a lot better than what that fan base has to say about him. You can't want to bench him because of how Richards ends up playing him.

For a while Tropp was getting some of the "energy line" effect. 2/3'rds of that line is pretty good; especially for a 4th line. He's ok, but I haven't seen anything from him where I feel compelled to keep him.

I was just telling someone that I would like to see Frattin and Tropp duke it out next season for a roster spot. The loser ends up on waivers.

What I'm more concerned about is Richards figuring out a way not to play Skille. Richards is good at confusing lineup decisions.

I will agree that Frattin was better yesterday than he was against Chicago but he's still not a NHL player in my opinion. I've watched him with Toronto and a little with LA after he was acquired by the CBJ. If he was an alternate on the 4th line to give someone a spell I could deal with that but playing with Joey and Jenner is just mind boggling.

I was also impressed with Skille in his earlier stints. While I don't think he's a top 6 player, I do think he fits in with our team game and his speed is outstanding.

As for next year, I haven't thought that far ahead to worry about a Tropp/Frattin duel. I don't think Frattin is qualified and moves on. I would, however, like to see Skille re-signed for depth and a shot at the bottom 6 next year. There would need to be some player movement for that to happen I think. I suspect Chaput has a better shot of being in the NHL with the CBJ than any of the other three mentioned.

neek21

Sep 8, 2012
I like Skille's skill set, it fits right in with the rest of the team, plus he has the uncanny ability to get shots off from a lot of crazy angles...missing two top six guys plus 18 until who knows when, I find it hard to leave him off the roster this week...and I'd love to see him re-signed for next year and given a solid chance to make the team out of camp

Jyrki

Benning has been purged! VANmen!
May 24, 2011
溫哥華
if he doesn't score a hatty vs the Coyotes I will declare him worse than Boll and Frattin combined

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I think its unquestionable that Frattin has been bad since he's been here, but he's going to get his game back at some point, it's just a question of whether we give him time to figure that out.

Tropp got almost all secondary assists. But that's still a good sign for a fourth line. Plenty of fourth lines around the league have players who can't handle the puck and don't even get the secondary assists. Tropp was at least able to sustain the cycle until D-Mac and Letestu could make a play.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad