#SJSharks have issued qualifying offers to Hertl, Nieto, DeMelo, Carpenter, and...

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
No QOs for Crane, Langlois and Rumpel either.

I have no idea why they ever signed Crane to an ELC in the first place.

I'm a bit surprised that Langlois didn't get qualified, he's been quite good for the AHL club.

Lebanezer

I'unno? Coast Guard?
Jul 24, 2006
San Jose
I have no idea why they ever signed Crane to an ELC in the first place.

I'm a bit surprised that Langlois didn't get qualified, he's been quite good for the AHL club.

Maybe they felt Langlois was redundant with all the guys coming in this season. As it is right now the Barracuda only have Jevpalovs, Chartier, Helewka, Labanc, Schoenborn, Jon Martin and O'Regan as guys that I think for sure play with them. Then there's Meier, Goldobin, Carpenter and Goodrow battling for one or 2 spots on the big club. That's only 9 forwards. I guess we should see a few guys signed in the next couple months. I'm assuming McCarthy is gonna be resigned.

OffSydes

#tank2014/5
Aug 14, 2011
Gackle is indicating on twitter that Jeremy Morin might have attitude problems and it lead to the non-offer.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Gackle is indicating on twitter that Jeremy Morin might have attitude problems and it lead to the non-offer.

I'm thinking it's probably more about what his QO would have to be than him being a "poor" teammate.

They might see if they can sign him to a cheaper two way deal.

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Maybe they felt Langlois was redundant with all the guys coming in this season. As it is right now the Barracuda only have Jevpalovs, Chartier, Helewka, Labanc, Schoenborn, Jon Martin and O'Regan as guys that I think for sure play with them. Then there's Meier, Goldobin, Carpenter and Goodrow battling for one or 2 spots on the big club. That's only 9 forwards. I guess we should see a few guys signed in the next couple months. I'm assuming McCarthy is gonna be resigned.

I think Haley might be brought back too but re: Langlois, he's able to play all 3 F positions well so just seems like a good player to have on your roster at that level.

Maybe he's getting offers from Europe or maybe they'll bring him back on an AHL deal as there isn't much chance of him playing in the NHL.

do0glas

Jan 26, 2012
Overall point production from hertl lends itself to a contract like that. At basically .5 ppg right now. And that's spending quite a bit of time with the joes. He doesn't pk and isn't taking a minute eating role.

So 3 mill sounds about right. Good for us because it allows some flexibility. He will likely breakout sooner than later and we can transition from jumbo and Marleau by that time giving us the Space to pay him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad