Proposal: SJS - PIT

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
I like the basis here but I think San Jose would want more here. With that being said, I also don't really know what else the Penguins can feasibly add here to get San Jose to agree to this. Broz is a solid prospect, not anything too crazy but a solid prospect. I just think Broz, a 2nd and swapping Blackwood for Jarry doesn't seem like quite enough for Ferraro, but maybe I'm overvaluing Ferraro.

Replace Broz with Puustinen and I think this could be something that could work.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
I like the basis here but I think San Jose would want more here. With that being said, I also don't really know what else the Penguins can feasibly add here to get San Jose to agree to this. Broz is a solid prospect, not anything too crazy but a solid prospect. I just think Broz, a 2nd and swapping Blackwood for Jarry doesn't seem like quite enough for Ferraro, but maybe I'm overvaluing Ferraro.

Replace Broz with Puustinen and I think this could be something that could work.
Broz is most valued piece in deal tho, why would they want an undersized winger in Puustinen. They want the young C w Top 6 upside.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Broz is most valued piece in deal tho, why would they want an undersized winger in Puustinen. They want the young C w Top 6 upside.

Broz is not a center, he's another undersized winger.

Puustinen is a NHL proven undersized winger. Broz is a prospect that projects to be a NHL undersized winger.

This isn’t good at all for SJ. Broz is meh, Jarry is a cap dump at best for SJ so it’s a 2nd for their best LHD and a guy the locker room loves and a good goalie.

Calling Jarry a cap dump while Blackwood is "a good goalie" is absolutely hilarious.

Jarry has had better numbers in literally every single season compared to Blackwood. There's a reason that the Sharks got him for basically nothing last off-season.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018

Puustinen is a NHL proven undersized winger. Broz is a prospect that projects to be a NHL undersized winger.

Calling Jarry a cap dump while Blackwood is "a good goalie" is absolutely hilarious.
I'll correct myself, they dont want a severely undersized proven bottom 6 potential winger in Puustiten. Broz projects to be a top 9 two way C with 45-50 point potential and younger by a fair margin.

Hmmmm Gerbe or young Henrique? I think I'll go with the latter

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California

Jarry had barely better numbers than Blackwood on a such better team but is paid more for 4 more years . But no continue with your impartiality.

Reactions: WSS11

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Jarry had barely better numbers than Blackwood on a such better team but is paid more for 4 more years . But no continue with your impartiality.

2019-2020: .921 save% in 33 games for Jarry, .915 save% in 47 games for Blackwood
2020-2021: .909 save% in 39 games for Jarry, .902 save% in 35 games for Blackwood
2021-2022: .919 save% in 58 games for Jarry, .892 save% in 25 games for Blackwood
2022-2023: .909 save% in 47 games for Jarry, .893 save% in 22 games for Blackwood
2023-2024: .903 save% in 51 games for Jarry, .899 save% in 44 games for Blackwood

Jarry has had better numbers in literally every single season in the last 5 years. And in 4 of those 5 seasons, he was playing for the Devils so you can't even use the "San Jose sucks" argument with it.

Jarry's contract and their relative performance this year does bring their value into being much closer to each other. But that doesn't change that Blackwood was literally dumped for a 6th a year ago while Jarry has been a (statistically) above average starter for 4 of the last 5 seasons.

I'll correct myself, they dont want a severely undersized proven bottom 6 potential winger in Puustiten. Broz projects to be a top 9 two way C with 45-50 point potential and younger by a fair margin.

Hmmmm Gerbe or young Henrique? I think I'll go with the latter

Again, Broz is literally not a center. He's a winger and does not project to be a "2-way center".

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
2019-2020: .921 save% in 33 games for Jarry, .915 save% in 47 games for Blackwood
2020-2021: .909 save% in 39 games for Jarry, .902 save% in 35 games for Blackwood
2021-2022: .919 save% in 58 games for Jarry, .892 save% in 25 games for Blackwood
2022-2023: .909 save% in 47 games for Jarry, .893 save% in 22 games for Blackwood
2023-2024: .903 save% in 51 games for Jarry, .899 save% in 44 games for Blackwood

Jarry has had better numbers in literally every single season in the last 5 years. And in 4 of those 5 seasons, he was playing for the Devils so you can't even use the "San Jose sucks" argument with it.

Again, Broz is literally not a center. He's a winger and does not project to be a "2-way center".
Congrats? I’m talking about right now. Not 5 years ago. Ya know the timeline where Jarry had .04 better save percentage than Blackwood. One goalie had Ferraro and Rutta as their top 2 D. One had Karlsson and Letang. Hell let’s make it top 3! Vlasic and Pettersson.

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018

Aside from recently, he's nearly always been a center.

Here, let's take a look at his EP what position he's listed as...

Ah yes, listed as center. Pittsburgh also has terrible C Depth beyond Geno/Sid, therefore will start his career as a center, but no, let's fixate on a short period of time where he played W in a defense for your poor counter offer of an undersized AHL tweener

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
Congrats? I’m talking about right now. Not 5 years ago.

Jarry still had a better season than Blackwood. Jarry's overall numbers are better while the two have identical GSAx on the year (+2.6 for Jarry, +2.5 for Blackwood).

The fact that the two had very similar seasons this year brings their value much closer. But their past performances show that calling Jarry a "cap dump" while Blackwood is "a good goalie" is laughable.

Reactions: KrisLeturnover

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
Jarry still had a better season than Blackwood. Jarry's overall numbers are better while the two have identical GSAx on the year (+2.6 for Jarry, +2.5 for Blackwood).

The fact that the two had very similar seasons this year brings their value much closer. But their past performances show that calling Jarry a "cap dump" while Blackwood is "a good goalie" is laughable.
The fact that you arguing semantics is laughable. Great call Jarry the same level goalie as Blackwood. He’s still a cap dump. Blackwood is not a cap dump just because of contract.

But no continue to ignore contracts all you want.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
The fact that you arguing semantics is laughable. Great call Jarry the same level goalie as Blackwood. He’s still a cap dump. Blackwood is not a cap dump just because of contract.

But no continue to ignore contracts all you want.

You called Blackwood a "good goalie" while Jarry was a "cap dump", despite Jarry's worst season being equal to Blackwood this year (who you again called "a good goalie") and every other season of Jarry's being clearly better.

It's not "arguing semantics", it's pointing out that you made a dumb argument.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
You called Blackwood a "good goalie" while Jarry was a "cap dump", despite Jarry's worst season being equal to Blackwood this year (who you again called "a good goalie") and every other season of Jarry's being clearly better.

Jarry is a cap dump. Blackwood is a good goalie. Again look at contracts.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021

The difference is Jarry is signed until he's 33 years old for over $5 million a year. He's absolutely a cap dump. Good luck getting anyone to take him without attaching picks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
No but it sure as shit makes you look dumb since you can’t understand simple context.

The "context" you're providing is moronic. If Blackwood is a "good goalie", that by definition means Jarry is a "good goalie" because Jarry's numbers have been equal or better than Blackwood in every single season in the last 5 years.

If Jarry is a "good goalie" just like Blackwood is, how is Jarry a cap dump at a $5ish million salary? Cap dumps are bad players making too much money. Jarry is not a bad player using your own definition of calling Blackwood a "good goalie".

Either Blackwood isn't good and Jarry is a cap dump, which you can reasonably argue (frankly it's closer to what I'd argue), or Blackwood is good while Jarry isn't a cap dump. Calling Blackwood good while Jarry is a cap dump has zero logical consistency to it.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
I'm not sure Ferraro and Blackwood are anything but a swap of bad cap.

You're getting a 2nd and a decent prospect for PIT taking on Ferraro's contract.

You wanna swap out Blackwood for Vanecek since he has so much value? Feel free.
Neither Ferraro or Blackwood are “bad cap” and you thinking they are is crazy.
The "context" you're providing is moronic. If Blackwood is a "good goalie", that by definition means Jarry is a "good goalie" because Jarry's numbers have been equal or better than Blackwood in every single season in the last 5 years.

If Jarry is a "good goalie" just like Blackwood is, how is Jarry a cap dump at a $5ish million salary? Cap dumps are bad players making too much money. Jarry is not a bad player using your own definition of calling Blackwood a "good goalie".

Either Blackwood isn't good and Jarry is a cap dump, which you can reasonably argue, or Blackwood is good while Jarry isn't a cap dump. Calling Blackwood good while Jarry is a cap dump has zero logical consistency to it
So if Blackwood was making 5M a year for the next 4 years he’d be positive value to you? Cause he sure wouldn’t be to me.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA
So if Blackwood was making 5M a year for the next 4 years he’d be positive value to you? Cause he sure wouldn’t be to me.

If Blackwood was a "good goalie" like you're saying he is, he would be that.

It's either both Blackwood and Jarry are good goalies, meaning calling Jarry a cap dump makes no sense, or neither Jarry or Blackwood are a good goalies and Jarry would be a cap dump. Those are your two options.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
I'm not sure Ferraro and Blackwood are anything but a swap of bad cap.

You're getting a 2nd and a decent prospect for PIT taking on Ferraro's contract.

You wanna swap out Blackwood for Vanecek since he has so much value? Feel free.
Oh no what will the Sharks do without clearing Ferraro and Blackwood's cap? We'll only have $35 million in cap space instead of $40 million.

Btw thanks for the top 15 pick. Enjoy the rest of EK's decline.

• Haha
Reactions: SjMilhouse

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad