cwede

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 1, 2010
View attachment 520037
View attachment 520038
View attachment 520039

Hmmm....

Weird how NYR traded for a third line LWer rental. Damn. Conditional first as well? Damn. Weird.
a few easily overlooked aspects

NYR's road sweep on weekend, back to back, with short turnaround, at 2 of top 3 team in Conference (2 of top 4 in league) was strong message to FO that they'd earned playoffs-level roster deepening.

its only a 1st, rather than a 2nd, if 29th or lower (and NYR are playing in June)
NYR only moved 1 prospect from their deep top 20

Copp has played successfully in NHL at all 3 F positions, Motte on either wing

happy TDL!

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
a few easily overlooked aspects

NYR's road sweep on weekend, back to back, with short turnaround, at 2 of top 3 team in Conference (2 of top 4 in league) was strong message to FO that they'd earned playoffs-level roster deepening.

its only a 1st, rather than a 2nd, if 29th or lower (and NYR are playing in June)
NYR only moved 1 prospect from their deep top 20

Copp has played successfully in NHL at all 3 F positions, Motte on either wing

happy TDL!
One other thing I will say about Barabanov versus Copp is they are entirely different players so comparing them is pointless. It’s playmaker in a Zuccarello mold (play style) vs more of a grinder/scorer/power forward type player. I think there was a world where both players could have fit but I think that price then becomes too much. I don’t know if I necessarily agree with the thoughts of keeping Copp past FA as from the outside looking in I don’t really see how they can keep him without sacrificing elsewhere. Other stuff to add I think a lot of Sharks fans (including myself) had too much faith in the front office to actually do something so I think there’s some frustration there as well.

ThorNton Apologist

Jumbo needs a cup
Oct 1, 2006
Cali
A deadline deal I thought of was Barabanov for Kravstov + a conditional 3rd in 2023 that becomes a 5th if Kravstov scores 30 points or plays in more than 60 games.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
A deadline deal I thought of was Barabanov for Kravstov + a conditional 3rd in 2023 that becomes a 5th if Kravstov scores 30 points or plays in more than 60 games.
That's way too much. The difference between a 3rd and a 2nd round pick is not Kravstov regardless of him being loaned twice to KHL. This deal you're suggesting is much better than a 2nd going back, and that's the max Barabanov was getting this deadline. I think that would have been a fair ask whether it was received or not.

Gecklund

Jul 17, 2012
California
That's way too much. The difference between a 3rd and a 2nd round pick is not Kravstov regardless of him being loaned twice to KHL. This deal you're suggesting is much better than a 2nd going back, and that's the max Barabanov was getting this deadline. I think that would have been a fair ask whether it was received or not.
That’s my biggest issue with Kravtsov. There is way too much risk to put an actual value on him. If he doesn’t make the team (which Sharks have a ton of competition at wing, not great competition but lots of numbers and young guys), does he bolt again? Because if the answers yes, I don’t want him. If he’s willing to stay and fight for the spot, then I want him and would give good value for him. Issue is we can’t know until it actually happens which lowers his value in my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad