Contract Termination: [SJS] Lean Bergmann

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
Never heard of an ELC being bought out. Are the Sharks close to the contract limit or did this guy do something bad?

Reactions: Perfect_Drug

Erep

Jul 17, 2019
Don't know who Bergmann is but sounds more like mutual contract termination.
Yeah, this doesn't make sense. Buying out an ELC in the AHL for what? A contract slot?

Unspecified

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Apr 29, 2015
tenor.gif

Kahvi

Sponsor
Jun 4, 2007
Alberga
Don't know who Bergmann is but sounds more like mutual contract termination.

Lean needed to put on some lbs.

Mutual contract termination or some off-ice stuff. Doesnt make any sense otherwise

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Wasn't really doing great in the AHL so mutual termination to go back to Europe?

His contract had a European assignment clause so they could've done that w/o terminating the deal and just rode it out then non-tendered him. I really doubt the Sharks need the contract slot that badly.

RainyCityHockey

Dec 24, 2019
Germany
Bergmann will most likely go back to Germany and try to rebuild his stock playing in DEL.

A year or two ago he also was interviewed in Germany and talked about only going to north america if he's got a role and not wanting to be some AHL guy.

He's still young enough to maybe make it back to the NHL.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
His contract had a European assignment clause so they could've done that w/o terminating the deal and just rode it out then non-tendered him. I really doubt the Sharks need the contract slot that badly.

They save money and suffer no penalty from a mutual termination.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
They save money and suffer no penalty from a mutual termination.

I can't imagine that's really any part of the motivation. There's no real penalty in riding out the final year for the team and they're not paying a lot no matter where Bergmann would've been assigned.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad