Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] G Mackenzie Blackwood re-signs with the Sharks (2 years, $2.35M AAV)

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
4.125!

He had the old ‘backloaded contract’ special where the last year was the highest and well above the aav, and defined the following QO as that number.
OK holy. I thought it was less so didn't get not giving him a qo, but now I get it 100%

hotcabbagesoup

why u guys want Celebrini, he played like a weenie
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
too much term and money for a bum.

he has a recurring heel injury, how the heck do you play goalie if y have a heel injury

WSS11

Oct 7, 2009
Two tank years. Give us that goofy giraffe now and we’re cooking with gas.

SnarkAttack

Registered Loser
Jan 18, 2011
East Bay, CA
So happy to never see this goof in a Devils jersey again. Sorry Sharks fans.
Nah, I'm good. My hope over the next 2 years (trying to have a fun tank) is ice an increasingly better team, and sabotage with goaltending. By the end of year 2-3 hopefully it'll just be "If only we had a goalie" while the time until then is at least an entertaining on-ice product.

Wow what a great deal for Blackwood. Awful for SJS but great for Blackwood.
They probably had to pay him extra.

"Look, in order to make up for the fact that this stretch with our team will irreversibly destroy your career numbers, we'll give you a couple mill. Deal?

ON3M4N

Ignores/60 = Elite
Dec 13, 2015
Connecticut
Nah, I'm good. My hope over the next 2 years (trying to have a fun tank) is ice an increasingly better team, and sabotage with goaltending. By the end of year 2-3 hopefully it'll just be "If only we had a goalie" while the time until then is at least an entertaining on-ice product.

They probably had to pay him extra.

"Look, in order to make up for the fact that this stretch with our team will irreversibly destroy your career numbers, we'll give you a couple mill. Deal?

Is numbers over the last 3 years was already awful. He's been one of the worst goalies in the NHL. The fact that he didn't get league min is amazing

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad