Confirmed Signing with Link: [SJS] F Collin Graf signs ELC with the Sharks (3 years, $941.667 AAV)

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego
General Manager Mike Grier announced today that the club has signed forward Collin Graf to a standard, entry level contract. The contract will begin immediately for the 2023-24 season.

Should be a 3 year ELC due to Graf's age; Unfortunately for him, he missed the cutoff by six days to get a 2 year ELC. First year would burn as well without needing to play in 10+ NHL games since the slide rule only applies to teenagers.

SannywithoutCompy

Dec 22, 2020
1000009359.gif

OgeeOgelthorpe

Baldina
Feb 29, 2020
With that Sharks roster he's likely in the opening day lineup.

What does he realistically project as? I haven't had a chance to watch him.

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Good for the Sharks. Need all the talent they can get.
We’re getting it. Just no showcasing it yet. I’m excited to see where we end up post draft.

If we land Celebrini our future is going to take a major upswing. Just need to stack D after.

But I ain’t counting no eggs as chickens….i saw what happened to our friends in Anaheim…

Schemp

Nov 12, 2018
Forum 40
We’re getting it. Just no showcasing it yet. I’m excited to see where we end up post draft.

If we land Celebrini our future is going to take a major upswing. Just need to stack D after.

But I ain’t counting no eggs as chickens….i saw what happened to our friends in Anaheim…
...and if they get Pitt's 1st...

• Wow
Reactions: Sandisfan

Szechwan

Sep 13, 2006
I'd be curious to see a comparison of how NCAA free agents who sign with bottom feeders vs competitive teams pan out.

A College FA is more likely to burn out than not, so getting a few years of guaranteed NHL time is understandable as a priority, but I wonder if their career might be longer if brought along by a competent org

Pete Taylor

Dec 11, 2017
I'd be curious to see a comparison of how NCAA free agents who sign with bottom feeders vs competitive teams pan out.

A College FA is more likely to burn out than not, so getting a few years of guaranteed NHL time is understandable as a priority, but I wonder if their career might be longer if brought along by a competent org
Just because a team isn't doing well, does not mean they are not a competent organization. I do like your first premise, however.

Brodeur

Feb 27, 2002
San Diego

Might just be unique to the player and the situation. Ilya Mikheyev (signed 2019) did fine with Toronto and landed a solid contract with Vancouver afterwards. But Alex Barabanov (signed 2020) couldn't find regular ice time with the Leafs then had a couple decent seasons with the Sharks after being traded.

Apparently Jimmy Vesey was considering the Devils (non-playoff team) in 2016 before signing with the Rangers. Devils probably could have offered more ice time but I don't think he would have turned out any better.

Will Butcher got plenty of PP time with the Devils in 2017-18 which helped him on his next contract. Unfortunately his limitations became more apparent with more ice time. I don't think he would have turned out significantly better with a different team.

Reactions: Szechwan

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
I feel GMMG was the crytpo token I picked up in the bear market that everyone shat on ($SOL), and now things are turning out nicely.

Still lots to do, but so far he’s done excellent.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad