Waived: [SJS] D Nikolai Knyzhov waived by the Sharks (cleared)

Sendhelplease

Dec 21, 2020
He was so much fun to watch a few years ago before all of the injuries but he is now a shell of what he once was. Hopefully he can stay healthy and work on his game with Cuda if he clears. I am certainly rooting for him.

Reactions: CupfortheSharks

andora

Apr 23, 2002
Victoria
He was so much fun to watch a few years ago before all of the injuries but he is now a shell of what he once was. Hopefully he can stay healthy and work on his game with Cuda if he clears. I am certainly rooting for him.
Yeah he was on a good track

We saw how long it took valimaki to get where he is.. hopefully the same rings true

Reactions: Sendhelplease

hohosaregood

Banned
Sep 1, 2011
What injury has he had, and at his best what kind of player does he profile to become?
He had a sports hernia that became infected that took his sophomore season after a solid rookie season and then tore an Achilles right when he was coming back from that. Lost 3/4s of the next season to that.

He's a bottom pairing mobile defensive defenseman that has some grit to him. His problem is his puck movement isn't consistent enough for the NHL. He was on a pretty meteoric development track. When he first signed with us, he was really raw but he became a solid Karlsson partner after just a year.

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
Never good when you get waived by a team with an absolutely dire defence corps. Doesn't feel like that long ago where he was pretty much "untouchable" from San Jose fans' perspective. One of the pieces to keep and build around for the future. But i guess injuries have a way of doing that to a guy.

Have to imagine he'll almost certainly clear though. At which point, maybe he can start to rebuild his game again in the AHL. Tough task, considering he's already kind of on the older side for a developing player. But the Sharks certainly have nothing but time to wait and see.

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
That's a pretty crappy attitude considering what he's gone through over the last few years. I expect more from a "global moderator"
Not to pass any judgement upon the moderation team, but the main requirement for moderators across the internet is "terminally online" rather than "strong moral character"
They exist to delete/remove illicit content swiftly to mitigate site owner accountability - everything else is just hall monitor kayfabe.
What I am saying is I don't judge moderators for having normal fan opinions in an entertainment environment.

Last edited:

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
He had a sports hernia that became infected that took his sophomore season after a solid rookie season and then tore an Achilles right when he was coming back from that. Lost 3/4s of the next season to that.

He's a bottom pairing mobile defensive defenseman that has some grit to him. His problem is his puck movement isn't consistent enough for the NHL. He was on a pretty meteoric development track. When he first signed with us, he was really raw but he became a solid Karlsson partner after just a year.
That’s fine. You don’t have to judge. I just expect the people tasked with gatekeeping opinions to be classier.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
That is disappointing to hear, it looked he was on track to be a #4-5 defenseman and his career has been derailed by injuries. He has a lot of tools, I hope he can pull it back together.

Hodge

Apr 27, 2021
That’s fine. You don’t have to judge. I just expect the people tasked with gatekeeping opinions to be classier.
Dude why should MMC or anyone else who isn't a Sharks fan be expected to know the details of Nikolai f***ing Knyzhov's injury history? He is a random ass 7th defenseman who basically hasn't played NHL hockey in 2 years. It was just a flippant comment, clearly not a malicious one.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Dude why should MMC or anyone else who isn't a Sharks fan be expected to know the details of Nikolai f***ing Knyzhov's injury history? He is a random ass 7th defenseman who basically hasn't played NHL hockey in 2 years. It was just a flippant comment, clearly not a malicious one.
I mean you dont have to comment then, to opposing fans this is a nothing move.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad