Confirmed with Link: [SJ/NYI] Tyler Kennedy for Conditional 3rd/7th rounder (2016)

glasgow26

Jul 17, 2007
San Francisco
You'd think if a guy like Sean Bergenheim could return a 3rd, Kennedy could at least net us a 4th. I mean come on, a 7th-round pick?

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
Shows where TK's value is.

Its shows you how dumb DW is.

He fleeced the Pens by getting two 2nds for Doug Murray.
The Pens fleece him by trading Kennedy for a 2nd.
He trades Kennedy for a 7th rounder in NEXT year's draft.

Doug Wilson, master of asset management.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
The Press statement title is just to cover DW ***(behind).

IT SHOULD READ FOR A CONDITIONAL 7TH* which could end up a 3rd.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
GP's always a contrarian. It's his schtick.

Legit torn between Islanders and Rangers, but it looks like I'll be rooting for a NY team.

Not really. Kennedy has had two pretty bad years with spurts of effective play. I just find it hard to believe he had any value more than what he was traded for. Trade backfired on the Sharks.

LadyStanley

Sep 22, 2004
Sin City
http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=756080&navid=nhl:topheads

Actually, "full" explanation (longer than 140 characters) of conditions:

The Islanders will send their seventh-round pick or the Tampa Bay Lightning's seventh-round pick to the Sharks. If the Islanders win the Stanley Cup and Kennedy plays in at least 50 percent of the games in the Final, the Islanders instead will send the Sharks a third-round pick in the 2016 draft, either their pick or the Vancouver Canucks' pick, whichever is later in the draft.

Thinking that might be 2015 7th.

rangerssharks414

Mar 9, 2010
Long Island, NY
Not really. Kennedy has had two pretty bad years with spurts of effective play. I just find it hard to believe he had any value more than what he was traded for. Trade backfired on the Sharks.

Fleischmann had been a healthy scratch with the Panthers, and he got a third back (and Heatley). I expected more than most likely a 7th.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Is DW a lameduck GM so teams are lowballing him? Surely he can get something better than a 7th rounder for a guy who's put up 40 pt seasons. Seems like he's just trying to save Hasso money.

matt trick

Jun 12, 2007
I find it remarkable that we couldn't actually just get a 3rd. I am sure it's the best Wilson could do, but if you're loading up for a cup run, Kennedy really should be great depth if you lose one of your third liners.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Is DW a lameduck GM so teams are lowballing him? Surely he can get something better than a 7th rounder for a guy who's put up 40 pt seasons. Seems like he's just trying to save Hasso money.

If he's trying to save Hasso money, we'd have a Niemi, Hannan, and Irwin trade in the works as well.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento

That's obviously what he was tasked with doing. If people think he is going to get canned for the team's performance, they're not seeing the big picture. He's going to work within the budget and rebuild while hoping to make the playoffs. Doug always follows in the footsteps of success. I'm sure he looking at what Anaheim and Nashville are doing.

CrypTic

Oct 2, 2013
If he's trying to save Hasso money, we'd have a Niemi, Hannan, and Irwin trade in the works as well.

Trading Hannan and Irwin wouldn't save Hasso much money. They only make $1M each and an AHLer would cost around $650k. That's for the full season and we only have a bit less than 1/4 left. They'd save a bit but probably not worth the effort if you're only interested in saving money. Esp bc they may want to keep our borderline AHL/NHL D on that team for playoff experience there.

Niemi, OTOH, makes $3.8M so DW could have saved some money there.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
You'd think if a guy like Sean Bergenheim could return a 3rd, Kennedy could at least net us a 4th. I mean come on, a 7th-round pick?

player value took a nosedive sometime before 5am this morning.

Last night Braydon Coburn brought back a good NHL regular in Gudas, a 1st, and a 2nd. THis morning Petry returned a 2nd and a conditional 5th. Coburn is a better player, but not somehow so much better to be worth the gap between 1st/roster player and conditional 5th. Or going from Bergenheim/7th for a 3rd a few days ago to most bottom-6 guys being worth 4th-6th rounders instead today.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Trading Hannan and Irwin wouldn't save Hasso much money. They only make $1M each and an AHLer would cost around $650k. That's for the full season and we only have a bit less than 1/4 left. They'd save a bit but probably not worth the effort if you're only interested in saving money. Esp bc they may want to keep our borderline AHL/NHL D on that team for playoff experience there.

Niemi, OTOH, makes $3.8M so DW could have saved some money there.

We weren't saving any money trading Desjardins for Smith nor trading Sheppard. That was kind of the point.

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013
That's obviously what he was tasked with doing. If people think he is going to get canned for the team's performance, they're not seeing the big picture. He's going to work within the budget and rebuild while hoping to make the playoffs. Doug always follows in the footsteps of success. I'm sure he looking at what Anaheim and Nashville are doing.

I'm going to of get flamed for this but I still have faith in Doug Wilson.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
I'm going to of get flamed for this but I still have faith in Doug Wilson.

If he can hit on his picks, develop the talent he's got, then return to spending towards the cap, I have as much faith in him than anyone else.

But I don't know what ownership has in mind for this team. And that's a big issue.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad