Confirmed with Link: [SJ/COL] Freddie Hamilton for Karl Stollery

sr228

Sep 16, 2007
Dumping a contract is fine, but do it for picks at least. Not for a pending UFA career AHLer which gets you nothing.

You're assuming DW could have gotten a pick back, I'd say you assume wrong.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
5PBKTdk.png

Look at his zone starts.

Gene Parmesan

Dedicated to babies who came feet first
Jul 23, 2009
California
I think its also another future move with a few guys in college about to turn pro maybe? Namely Sean Kuraly who projects to be a bottom 6 center like Hamilton.

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
The only thing this does is When Karl Stollery leaves there will be a contract space opened up.:shakehead

Just thought of something maybe this was for Worcester(SP) D need (for this playoffs) even though it weakens the forwards.

Negatively Positive

Mr. Longevity
Mar 2, 2011
Could Freddie have asked out? I don't think he's playing on the top line in Worcester and has been leapfrogged by Tierney. Maybe he's unhappy and wanted a fresh start.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
During the preseason McLellan said Freddie's "time is now."

After being cut McLellan gave his reason saying plainly, "he was outplayed."

Sandisfan

Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
San Jose
The only thing that they can get out of this deal is having Karl Stollery play in the post season with Worcester after this season they will just let Karl leave and they could have just released Freddie if he wasn't in their plans because other than a playoff run this season with Wor there is no need to make this deal.

The Nemesis

Semper Tyrannus
Apr 11, 2005
Langley, BC
The only thing that they can get out of this deal is having Karl Stollery play in the post season with Worcester after this season they will just let Karl leave and they could have just released Freddie if he wasn't in their plans because other than a playoff run this season with Wor there is no need to make this deal.

Who's to say they let Stollery leave? Maybe this is an audition for an AHL depth defence slot into the future?

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
He was loaned to the Chicago Wolves in exchange for John McCarthy. And everyone in Worcester was gleeful at the news.

Their stats since the "trade" are very similar...

McCarthy: 19 games, 4-4-8, +3, 4 PIM, 2 GWG
Burish: 18 games, 5-6-11, E, 6 PIM, 1 GWG

...but you won't find a single person here that doesn't think we got the better of that deal.

puppydog

Jan 27, 2014
My take on Burish was that he wanted nothing to do with the San Jose Shark organization anymore!!! Would you expect anything else! Played very unmotivated in Worcester.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad