SITE MIGRATION NOTICE (please read) & other related talk about format

Has the new layout of HFBoards resulted in you visiting less?

• Yes

Votes: 154 54.8%
  • No

Votes: 127 45.2%

• Total voters

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
On the old layout I used to be able to just quickly scan a page and pick out the threads that I had comments in. That feature is either missing or I'm not seeing where it is anymore. I really hope that it wasn't removed.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
To get rid of the blank space on the right, try this:

- go to the front page and click the button on the far right

picture for reference below:

3nc2MUO.png
+

by the way, the dark layout is from a chrome extension. The one I'm using is "Dark Reader." Note that when you go to write a reply, text is dark and hard to see, so this definitely isn't a permanent solution.

Arizonan God

Jan 30, 2010
Toronto
The design can use some tweaking, but overall a big improvement, especially on mobile.

Dumb question, is there a way to access my old posts? I can't seem to find it.

slozo

Aug 28, 2011
Newmarket, ON
Great ... Another site renovation where I can't find things or do things like I used to. Sigh.
Why must we ... "improve"?

Took my 5 minutes to figure out how to log in ... but that could have been just me.

I miss the old ways, gah.

Polaris1010

Mar 23, 2017
grandma's cellar
First impression of the new interface, is that I do not like it.

The old one was better. The old one was more colourful. This one is like a mono-colour of white on white. Where is the diversity?

Just looking at the layout on fonts, this is a much more user friendly cell phone forum app. Since I do not use the cell phone to read this site, this is a big downgrade from me.

The only good part ... is the screamer seems to be scream louder in the new layout. Guess he does not like it either.

Guess all we dinosaurs will all retire sooner or later.

:baghead: :dunce: :hyper:

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Yay got my avatar to start looping again by uploading it again, weird that they all froze on 1 frame even though the right image is there

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Ugh, so the entire ignore list is gone. Have to start re-ignoring guys as they come again I guess. Don't understand why everything or almost everything else gets brought over but that wasn't. I guess it gives a chance to see if some guys I started ignoring 3 or 4 years ago have become more tolerable, though some guys won't be given that chance.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
It's better but I would suggest...

Darker theme option.
Make mobile mode more slimmed down. Getting to the last post of a thread requires hitting a little number. Larger link??

JadedLeaf

Nov 14, 2007
Saskatchewan
I know many of you do not like the white. I find it hard on the eyes as well but I found a post on the Panthers board that really helped. Just follow the instructions in the post I quoted. This is what it looks like. Only works for Chrome though that I know of. Also a little warning, the theme doesn't seem to support a few things such as seeing how many likes and stuff a user has although you can still see the likes on the post itself.
upload_2017-9-27_23-13-33.png

I think we need a general thread to discuss these changes. @BlazingBlueAnt on the Coyotes board is working on a night theme, I already like it more than the default, instructions following:

heres a preliminary theme

Install this Chrome Extension

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/...es-for/fjnbnpbmkenffdnngjfgmeleoegfcffe?hl=en

Then install theme from here

https://userstyles.org/styles/148793/bba-hfboards

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
I know many of you do not like the white. I find it hard on the eyes as well but I found a post on the Panthers board that really helped. Just follow the instructions in the post I quoted. This is what it looks like. Only works for Chrome though that I know of. Also a little warning, the theme doesn't seem to support a few things such as seeing how many likes and stuff a user has although you can still see the likes on the post itself.
View attachment 77155

Wow, this is great. Would definitely recommend this.

Also, it seems to have been updated and does show how many likes a user has, fwiw.

HEAVY DUTY

Thanks to denial, I’m immortal.
Jul 10, 2010
Toronto, ON
we definitely need a dark theme. the site is way too bright.

but i do like the layout. it'll take some getting used to but that's ok.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Finally able to log in, thought my time here may have been over.....apologizes in advance.

Is turning off Avatars no longer an option? Also how do I remove the Steelers 2-0 from under may name? That's an old message.

Last edited:

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
It's better but I would suggest...

Darker theme option.
Make mobile mode more slimmed down. Getting to the last post of a thread requires hitting a little number. Larger link??
Totally agree. The last page should be either a larger button or a longer link. Hitting it on the phone is now extremely difficult.

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
OK been cruising this system a bit.

Absolutely add a shade of grey to the background option. Just tone the white down a little, should be easy!

For mobiles that little last page button is just too small, you can do it but its not as lazy as it should be. Before on mobile I clicked the huge name of the last poster and it took me to the end.

Everything else seems better so far.

Reactions: canadon

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Guys, it's first day. Let the fellas figure it out.

That's why we are giving feedback. The mobile last page method is proving to be the biggest time sink for me. All I care about is how fast I can get to something I can read. Everything else seems better and it's improved my terrible fat finger grammar even! I love it, just those two things and we are gold!

Reactions: Anthrax442

canadon

Jun 25, 2015
Vaughan, ON
That's why we are giving feedback. The mobile last page method is proving to be the biggest time sink for me. All I care about is how fast I can get to something I can read. Everything else seems better and it's improved my terrible fat finger grammar even! I love it, just those two things and we are gold!
In addition to the above, I would also like to have the "Ignore Threads" feature restored, unless I am missing it now somehow.

Reactions: ACC1224

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
In addition to the above, I would also like to have the "Ignore Threads" feature restored, unless I am missing it now somehow.
Yep, Poster who came up with that idea is some kind of genius.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad