Sit/Start week 1

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
NFL kicks off next Thursday, and already have an interesting decision for Thursday night. Note: This is TD Only scoring system.

pick 2 of 3 RB’s
- Chubb vs CIN
- Pacheco vs DET
- Montgomery at KC

Thinking Montgomery will be the odd man out here, but it’s close between him and Pacheco.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
NFL kicks off tomorrow, and already have an interesting decision for Thursday night. Note: This is TD Only scoring system.

pick 2 of 3 RB’s
- Chubb vs CIN
- Pacheco vs DET
- Montgomery at KC

Thinking Montgomery will be the odd man out here, but it’s close between him and Pacheco.
I agree but… do we really know what Pacheco’s usage will be? He emerged but it’s not like KC RB has been a must-start the last few seasons. Plus a new OC? It’s not that I don’t like the player it’s more the uncertainty, even with a few preseason games.

That said, I am sure in this instance I would start him.

mouser

Business of Hockey
Jul 13, 2006
South Mountain
I agree but… do we really know what Pacheco’s usage will be? He emerged but it’s not like KC RB has been a must-start the last few seasons. Plus a new OC? It’s not that I don’t like the player it’s more the uncertainty, even with a few preseason games.

That said, I am sure in this instance I would start him.

I think Pacheco is firmly established as the #1 RB with KC after his play in the second half of last season—his rookie year. He was also an effective pass catcher, though with low targets last season. I‘m projecting him to finish as the #10-16 fantasy RB. Expecting him to get a larger % of the RB touches and more receiving targets for KC this season than the % the top KC RB has gotten in recent previous years.

I’m not that worried about a new OC in KC—Andy Reid was calling the offensive plays when Eric Bienemy was the OC. And the “new” OC Matt Nagy was Reid’s OC in KC before joining the Bears, and Bienemy getting the OC job.

KC also runs more in the red zone and goal line than many casual fantasy football fans might realize.

Rodgerwilco

Entertainment boards w/ some Hockey mixed in.
Feb 6, 2014
NFL kicks off next Thursday, and already have an interesting decision for Thursday night. Note: This is TD Only scoring system.

pick 2 of 3 RB’s
- Chubb vs CIN
- Pacheco vs DET
- Montgomery at KC

Chubb should be a lock no matter what.

I'd probably lean Pacheco as the #2

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

pick 2 of 3 RB’s
- Chubb vs CIN
- Pacheco vs DET
- Montgomery at KC

TD only I would probably go Chubb and take a flyer maybe on Montgomery. I feel like Mont is going to have all the goaline work for the Lions just lake Jamaal did last season. he probably wont hit 17 tds but he should be a force.

EpochLink

Canucks and Jets fan
Aug 1, 2006
Vancouver, BC
My week 1 lineup:

QB - Patrick Mahomes
RB - Antonio Gibson, Kenneth Walker
WR - Devante Adams, Mike Williams
TE - Mark Andrews
FLEX RB/WR - Tyler Lockett
K - Justin Tucker
Defense - Baltimore

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
Pick 2 WRs, 0.5ppr - Evans, McLaurin, Dotson, Diantae, Sutton

Waiting for the injury report on McLaurin this week but I feel that regardless Dotson I would play over him as Terry may be eased in/play decoy if he goes. Diantae vs Evans feels like the ultimate floor play vs ultimate ceiling play.

Reactions: tacogeoff

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB

Waiting for the injury report on McLaurin this week but I feel that regardless Dotson I would play over him as Terry may be eased in/play decoy if he goes. Diantae vs Evans feels like the ultimate floor play vs ultimate ceiling play.
tough picks. i would go off of maybe their matchups at cb as well.

Reactions: Goose of Reason

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
League A:

Brandin Cooks @NYG or Treylon Burks @NOS
Cole Kmet vGB or Gerald Everrett vMIA

League B:

Am I getting cute if I start Kadarius Toney (assuming he plays) over one of Dotson or Burks?

Last edited:

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Moss is out , Jackson starting.

Moss could play and Hull is there as an option.

I could see Deon getting 15+ carries and I could also see him getting < 10 touches. High variance guy this week until there's a definite status update on Moss, but being back at practice has him trending the right way.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

There's bound to be some positive regression for Diontae if he's still going to get peppered with targets. He's the safest of the 5 names and I don't think his ceiling is significantly lower than any of the other names listed.

Personally I'd lean Dotson/Sutton over Baker's WR2 but I'm a little risk averse that way :laugh:

IceColdBear

Apr 5, 2016
Half PPR. I can play one of: Deandre Hopkins (vs NO), MIke Evans (vs MIN), or James Conner (vs WAS) in my flex spot.

I'm leaning towards Hopkins because he was the player I picked earliest in the draft, but I can make a case for all three of them.

The rest of my lineup in a ten team league:
QB Fields
WR Olave
WR Ridley
RB Bijon Robinson
RB Chubb
TE Waller
K Elliott
DEF WAS (streaming - they're playing Arizona)

Last edited:

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus

I like Diontae and Dotson from that group.

Double-Shift Lasse

Just post better
Dec 22, 2004
Exurban Cbus
Half PPR. I can play one of: Deandre Hopkins (vs NO), MIke Evans (vs MIN), or James Conner (vs WAS) in my flex spot.

I'm leaning towards Hopkins because he was the player I picked earliest in the draft, but I can make a case for all three of them.

The rest of my lineup in a ten team league:
QB Fields
WR Olave
WR Ridley
RB Bijon Robinson
RB Chubb
K Elliott
DEF WAS (streaming - they're playing Arizona)
Yeah Hopkins

Reactions: IceColdBear

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
In my 12 team $$$ league, deep league with two flex spots. 0.5 PPR.

Looking at my second flex spot...

Addison vs TB
Charbonnet vs LAR
Elijah Moore vs Cin
Bateman vs Hou
Jaylen Warren vs SF
Achane @ LAC

I went all in on the young players hoping to strike lightning with one. Warren and Achane I'm not starting Week 1 but I'll keep them stashed for potentially later in the season.

I have Addison starting right now but I'm flip flopping on that. I'm considering Charbonnet. Seems like he may have a chance to contribute right away.

And could be a high scoring game with Cin/Cle so Moore could have a day.

Last edited:

Tony Romo

Sep 25, 2011
two parter, start 2 RBs full PPR.

Pollard vs NYG
Dobbins vs Texans
Gibbs vs Lions

Also my Flex, half PPR:

Kirk vs Colts
Pittman vs Jax

The Abusement Park

HFBoards Sponsor