Single most talented prospect for each team

Status
Not open for further replies.

leafaholix*

SmokeyClause said:
Yeah, he's around 6'1". I stood next to him and he might be a touch taller. But he weighs well over 215. That's not bad for a player as fast and agile as he is. He's an incredibly strong player.
Yes, he is a very "thick" player.

Terrific skater for a guy his size, I could have sworn he was 6'3", 220 pounds.

Anyways, he's good... back to the thread.

sticker

Jun 29, 2004
Leafaholix said:
Jeremy Colliton?

I'm an Islanders fan and have been for 20 years, so I think I know this team pretty well. I would not say Collition is the most talented prospect we have. I like Nilsson for talent. But I think a guy who could creep in under the radar is Bruno Gervais. The kid is only 19, was the final the cut for the Isles last year, will probably make the team this year, and plays with about as much poise as you will see. Plus he's a great skater and can put up some numbers.

Ajacied

Stay strong Appie! ❤
Apr 6, 2002
Netherlands
Starsdude said:
Skills-Belle

Potential-Erikkson

Overall - Miettinen

Plus, Daley has way more skills than Belle as hockeysense is one too.. I'd even put Polak or Fransson above Belle.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
San Jose Sharks

Josh Hennessy has the most overall skill (can pass, shot, stickhandle).

Tie for second,
Bernier (Power Forward Sniper)
Ehrhoff (Best Playmaker/Creating things out of nothing)
Kaspar (Best Sharks Sniper)

Michalek isn't counted since he has played 2 games, otherwise he would number 1, Hennessy 2, and the other three tied for 3rd.

xtra

May 19, 2002
Vancouver
Visit site
based on pure skill i think Fedorov is the most talented prospect teh canucks have. without a doubt. 6'4" skates like the wind and has a great shot.

talent wise he's easily the best but his head is no where near on right.

kmad

riot survivor
Jun 16, 2003
Vancouver
Russian_fanatic said:
Ryan Kesler played around 20 games for us this year. My vote goes to Koltsov.

Koltsov is definitely the most TALENTED.... but if we were guessing who had the best shot at a long NHL career, I'd say Kesler. He still counts as a prospect according to HF.

db23

For the Habs, I'll go with Kyle Chipchura. Chris Higgins has already played a couple of NHL games, although I might go with Chipchura even if he hadn't. Both are well ahead of Kostitsyn in terms of their all round contribution.

West19

Jul 19, 2004
For my teams:Calgary no doubt,Phaneuf
Colorado either wolski or boychuk

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
phaneuf_fan_3 said:
what is the overall opinion on who is the pens top prospect Marc Andre Fleury or Malkin?
Franchise center or franchise goalie? Usually you need both to win a cup. As to which is more important, i'm really not sure. There have been exceptions to both rules(devils winning w/out franchise center, redwings winning with osgood) of course.

dumpnchase

Apr 24, 2004
California
db23 said:
For the Habs, I'll go with Kyle Chipchura. Chris Higgins has already played a couple of NHL games, although I might go with Chipchura even if he hadn't. Both are well ahead of Kostitsyn in terms of their all round contribution.
Kostitsyn is the most talented and that's what guitaraholic is asking.

db23

guitaraholic said:
in the same sense that Peter Forsberg and Nick Lidstrom are the best players in the league. I'm simply wondering which single player has the most overall talent, however you define it I guess, on a team by team basis.

On that basis, Chipchura is more talented than Kostitsyn.

CH Wizard

db23 said:
On that basis, Chipchura is more talented than Kostitsyn.

Did you go to the camp because I went there and I saw both and Kost is more talented is puck-handling skills and his shots are WAY better then Chipchura and guys I saw Chipchura at the camp his skills are so underrated I saw him play and I thought his skills was less good but he's a complete player.I remember he makes a very good deke and he gave a big body check to the defenceman and score a goals it was just amazing.

BTW db23 I can't blame you ,you didn't saw Kost play.

Disco Volante

Mar 11, 2002
2nd to FloydianSlip
Visit site
dumpnchase said:
San Jose Sharks

Tie for second,

Michalek isn't counted since he has played 2 games, otherwise he would number 1, Hennessy 2, and the other three tied for 3rd.

Didn't Ehrhoff play like 40 games? ;)

sharkyz15

Jul 13, 2003
The Dirty Dirty SC
Visit site
dumpnchase said:
San Jose Sharks

Tie for second,

Well said

I agree but I think Hennessy and Kaspar would tie for that honor

Kaspar has the size that Hennessy lacks and Hennessy has the passing skills which Kaspar has yet to develope

in this Order

A.Milan Michalek
1.Josh Hennessy
1a.Lukas Kaspar
2.Marcel Goc
2a.Steve Bernier

just my opinion :) :D

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
Fighter said:
:dunno:

Getzlaf takes my vote as the most talented Ducks prospect. Smid seems to be another excellent kid as for pure skills. Perry is a step behind IMO (skating issue)

:banghead: What I meant to say was that if you're going for pure offensive skill(not overall), Perry's the answer(no intangibles, like physical play and skating involved), whereas if you want to complete package, it's Getzlaf you want.

Fighter

Jan 1, 2004
Trieste, Italy
Hercules Rockefeller said:
If you're looking for pure overall skill, Corey Perry is probably the Ducks' choice. If it's overall skill, definetely Ryan Getzlaf.

This is what I read.
If you meant offensive overall skills I could agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad