Post-Game Talk: Since nobody else will post one --- Preds @ Blues 2/17/2024

Status
Not open for further replies.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Schenn with the tackle. Now to see if Saros can bail him out.

Sitting Lauzon is like proposing sitting McCarron and Smith ... the problem isn't the player, its if they are put in the proper role. Lauzon on the 2nd pair full time is a stretch, he's a solid 3rd pair option who should fill in on a higher pair only sparingly. Same with McCarron and Smith ... keep them on the bottom six ... really 4th line with maybe periodic 3rd line minutes ... and their hard work and direct game pay dividends.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Stastney plays the left side. Barrie plays the right. So it goes back to the obvious that the only way a spot opens for Stastney is if we go Josi/McD full time ... two LHD there creating a LD spot on the second or third pairing. Defending the glaringly obvious.
I'd rather play someone good on their off side than Barrie or Schenn.

Reactions: hido and SouthNash

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
I'd rather play someone good on their off side than Barrie or Schenn.
The issue is that too few defenders play their off side well enough for it to make sense. McD Josi does create a LD spot ... but McD is our best option to play on his off side. The second best option playing their off side is Lauzon ... and that is a huge step down in performance but one tried before the Ekholm trade.

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
More examples of why you post here and aren't GMs.
Why are you still going with this argument? It's obvious that other GMs are, in fact, willing to waive marginal players because none of these no name claims you talk about would happen if these guys weren't, you know, waived.

Reactions: hido

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
The issue is that too few defenders play their off side well enough for it to make sense. McD Josi does create a LD spot ... but McD is our best option to play on his off side. The second best option playing their off side is Lauzon ... and that is a huge step down in performance but one tried before the Ekholm trade.
Fine, I'd take Jake Livingstone over Barrie or Schenn

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Why are you still going with this argument? It's obvious that other GMs are, in fact, willing to waive marginal players because none of these no name claims you talk about would happen if these guys weren't, you know, waived.

Phillips is among the better players to hit the waiver wire lately, claimed with 1 g in 27 games this season after the Caps held onto him rather than trying to send him down early ... a guy with good seasons in the AHL in 21-22 and 22-23 (30+ goals at the AHL level) .. and he got claimed. Guys like Rem Pitlick cleared ... a guy with minimal performance lately and a 7 figure cap hit on a one way deal.

HF might have given up on the team making the post season, but the team and front office haven't done so yet. Keeping organizational depth is key if the team does stay on the right side of the bubble and get to that 83rd game. The goal is not to give up a player for nothing ... even if it is one the fans consider a scrub.

You might see him after trades happen. Or maybe not until next season. Barrie is likely trade bait and the later in the season we get, the bigger the cap a team can absorb for a few weeks. The RHD situation is something the team needed to address in October but Trotz and Bruno kept kicking that can down the road.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Lauzon with the rush and shot ... good. The no look, backhand pass to an open point giving the Blues a rush opportunity .... bad.
Fabbro and Josi playing well together. Who knew.
Bruno has two viable options with Josi ... Fabbro or McD. Picking one then drives decisions on the 3rd pair since Bruno has his second pair locked in. Fabbro in puts Josi, Lauzon, and McD down the left side with the only tough choice as the roster sits being Schenn or Barrie on the 3rd pairing. McD on the top pair means having to put Barrie, Schenn, or Fabbro on their off side with the current roster build.

Kat Predator

Nov 28, 2019
Lauzon can play the right side as well. (He did play the right side in Seattle.) I wouldn't mind seeing

Josi - Fabbro
McD - Carrier
Stastney - Lauzon

Let Schenn drive a Zamboni as part of his in-house retirement program. (Until the playoffs, I guess.)

• Haha
Reactions: SouthNash
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad