Speculation: Simple Poll: If We Kept Bonino, Do We Win One More Stanley Cup?

Do we win a cup in 18, 19, 20 or 21 with Bonino

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ugene Magic

EVIL LAUGH
Oct 17, 2008
Pittsburgh
Let me save everyone trouble here, had you kept the team together save who you had to let go (Fleury/Kunitz) there was a very good shot at making it past the Caps and go farther with added help being that from within or at the TDL.

Gurglesons

Dec 18, 2009
San Diego, CA
last-train-tocool.blogspot.com
Let me save everyone trouble here, had you kept the team together save who you had to let go (Fleury/Kunitz) there was a very good shot at making it past the Caps and go farther with added help being that from within or at the TDL.

Keeping Bonino potentially ends with us acquiring McDonagh which really would’ve made this team lights out defensively for the last four years.

It also significantly f***s over Tampa if they do not get McDonagh.

Reactions: Ugene Malkin

K Fleur

Sacrifice
Mar 28, 2014
I think even with Malkin just being healthy we'd have got past the Caps in 2018. We went to 6 with them and the only line worth a shit was Crosby's. Tampa was still in full blown choke mode so I think we beat them and then we get playoff MAF.

Bonino would have been better in the Caps series than Brassard too.

Reactions: wizmet12

ChaosAgent

May 8, 2018
I think even with Malkin just being healthy we'd have got past the Caps in 2018. We went to 6 with them and the only line worth a shit was Crosby's. Tampa was still in full blown choke mode so I think we beat them and then we get playoff MAF.

Bonino would have been better in the Caps series than Brassard too.

In hindsight the Brassard thing was so cringe. The quotes about the team expecting a 55-point 3C while getting all defensive matchups was the stuff of absolute insanity. We moved heaven & Earth to make it happen and it just wasn't remotely worth it.

Again, though, you coulda held onto Sheahan or whomever else you'd have gotten (Sundqvist?) and just tried to upgrade the actual strength of the team - the Top 6 and the Top 4. As pixies says, McDonough. Instead of losing Cole.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad